three → he's probably a fuckboy anyways!

january 22 2018 → chapter three

Mackenzie

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I rub my right shoulder, while kneeling down on the white tile floors to get my papers. The boy that hit me instantly helped me pick up my binder.

"Aren't you the new girl?" He asked as I rolled my eyes.

"Don't call me that, please." I said looking away and walking the halls again.

"Sorry, I just recognized you a bit. I'm Johnny, and we're neighbors, by the way." He added, raising his voice to make sure I could hear him as I walked further down the brightly lit hallway.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀I stopped. "I know." I said, continuing to walk. Hell no, I'm not spending my time with some probably-fuckboy. I've learned from past mistakes.

"Bitch!" A girl beside me loudly whispered. "You just talked to John, my man."

"It's fine! I don't care, you can have him, he's probably a fuckboy anyways!" I replied, walking backwards and raising my middle finger lowly, so just the girl and see it. She simply glared at me as I fake smiled back.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She finally looked away from me, causing me to smile. I turn around, falling again and making my papers fly everywhere again. "Fuck."

"I am so sorry!" A high pitched voice exclaimed. Great. Now it's a female. Like the Johnny guy, she helped me pick up my papers and quickly handed them over to me.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She had dark brown hair, with blonde tips. Her face was clear and her lips were plump, and she had dark brown eyes, just like mine but a little bit darker. Her sense of style was exactly like mine, too.

"It's not your fault." I said, giving her a smile – a real one this time – and shook her small but soft hand. "I'm Mackenzie."

"I'm Julianna. You can call me Annie, though." She replied fast, smiling and showing off he pearly white teeth. I smiled back at her, being nice for the first time of today.

"You wanna sit with me in lunch?" She asked me, and I'm pretty sure my eyes lit up. A group of friends would be great, especially on the first day of Project Perfect.

"Sure!" I replied. I looked over at the clock.
7:40 am.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Before Annie left me, I quickly asked her a question. "Do you know where Physics is?"

-

words: 390
words with a/n: 405

thanks for reading my book!!
love u <3

-clare xoxo