Another Drink (Explicit)

"Baby all i'm saying is maybe you just shouldn't drink tonight," I defend myself to him and walk out of the kitchen. Cameron is seated on the leather couch directly in front of the tv. He takes another swig of his beer, eyes locked on the tv screen.

"I'm not an alcoholic," He chuckles, eyes never leaving the screen. I groan and turn to him. "That's not what i'm fucking saying Cameron! Damn, would you just listen to me? When you drink you lose your fucking head, and you drink every goddamn day!" I scream at him, irritated and frustrated that he's not even trying to listen to me. His hand clenches around the bottle so tight I think it's going to shatter in his grasp. He slowly grabs the tv remote with his other hand and clicks the tv off and stands up. He finishes the last bit of liquid in the brown bottle and and throws it against the wall. I yelp as the bottle shatters, sending glass all over the floor.

My heart races as Cameron stalks towards me, keeping his gaze low. He rubs his palms down his face and stop about half a foot in front of me. His bloodshot eyes stare into mine.

"Who in, the fuck, do you think you're talking to?" He speaks lowly.

"Y-You," I say quietly.

"Hm," he smirks and stalks in the direction of the staircase. I watch him head to the stairs and walk up, frozen in my steps. I blow out a breath I didn't realize I was holding in and walk back into the kitchen. I try to avoid going up the stairs and to bed for as long as I possibly can. I wash the dishes, wipe down the counters twice, organize the cabinets, wipe out the microwave and fridge, and sweep the floor. I decide to sweep again before deciding to face the music.

I know Cameron would never physically hurt me, at least that's what I used to think. He's gotten pretty damn close since he picked up drinking every night. I don't know what the hell is going on. I've tried to talk to him about it, tried to figure out why he's been like this, but he just shuts me out.

I slowly walk up the stairs and into our bedroom. Cameron is sitting at the foot of the bed with his face in his palms, gentle sobs leaving his lips.

I take a step closer and the floor board creaks under my weight, causing him to look up at me. His cheeks are wet with tears and his eyes are even more red and puffy than before. He licks his swollen lips and quickly wipes his face.

"Cameron, baby what's wrong?" I ask him.

"I don't know what's wrong with me, I don't know why i'm like this." He sobs. My heart hurts and I walk over to him and stand in between his legs. He wraps his arms around my waist and rests his head on my torso.

"Shh, it's okay baby. I love you, okay?"

He nods into my torso and pulls me closer to him.

He stands up and wipes his face once more and gently kisses my neck.

"I love you. You know that, right?" He asks. I give him a small smile. "Of course I do." I say and press my lips to him. The slight stubble on his cheeks and chin tickles my face.

"Let's go to bed," He whispers and kicks his shoes off. I nod and crawl into the bed and he lays down beside me. I turn to face away from him and he pulls me into his body and lays his arm across my side, tucking his hand under me as if to keep me from getting away from him. It's not long until he begins softly snoring and I know he is out like a light. I lay against him for a few hours trying to fall asleep, but I can't.

I grab his wrist from under me and slowly lift his arm up and lay it down behind me.

I creep out of the bed trying my hardest not to make any noise that'll wake him up. I grab the crumpled back of cigarettes off of the leaning dresser and a lighter to go with it. I shove them both in my front pocket and grab my jacket. I begin stepping into my beat up pair of black converses when Cameron sits up nearly scaring me half to death.