Save Me

"Bp is 170 over 120!" I hear a voice shouting over me.

"Got it," Another voice says further away from me.

My head feels like it has been repeatedly stomped on. I don't even have the energy to react to the pain. I slowly pull my eyelids back and see a young, red haired man standing over me ripping the front of my shirt open.

What the hell? What happened to me? And where am I? I try to open my mouth to speak, but nothing comes out.

He quickly places a cold stethoscope to my chest and moves it around before bringing it down to my upper stomach. His actions are rushed as he wipes over my inner elbow with a wet cloth and pokes a syringe into it, pushing some type of clear liquid into my body. I don't feel anything. I just look up at him.

His eyes quickly run over my face and looks back at me once he notices my eyes are open and i'm looking at him. He gives me a small smile and places his hand on my arm and rubs it gently.

"Hey, you're gonna be all good. You just had a little accident. We're gonna get you to a hospital and you're gonna be fine. That's where we're going now." He says in a calm voice and smiles at me once again. I think I might've nodded a little, but i'm pretty sure I didn't give him much but the same blank stare.

I look at him then move my eyes back down to my chest. He follows my gaze and his eyes go wide.

"Sorry," he says and covers my exposed black satin bralette.

I muster as much strength as I can and manage to mutter a little.

"Wh-. Wha-." He turns around to face me again.

"Sh, its okay. Don't try to speak right now." He assures me as we take a sharp turn and slow to a stop. He pushes the doors to the ambulance open and jumps out. I am lowered to the pavement and whisked away into the hospital. 

...

I scoop more gel into my hands and rub it back into my hair. I brush my light brown hair into a tight bun and leave it in a puff at the back of my head, not a hair out of place. I place the brush down and fix my clothes up. White t shirt, dark blue jeans that cling perfectly to me curves if I may say so myself, and classic black and white Converse sneakers. Simple but cute. I grab my black wallet, folding it, and sliding it into my back pocket.

I look over myself in the dresser mirror once more and decide i'm missing something. I rummage around on my dresser and find my silver hoop earrings and hook them into my ears. Okay, now i'm ready. You'd never expect that I had been run over by a car. Five months can really change you a lot.

I grab my car keys and head out of the front door of my apartment, locking it behind me. I type in the address to the hospital I was cared for at and head off in that direction.

Ten minutes later I pull into the hospital parking lot. This has got to be the fourth time I've come to this hospital since everything that happened, so i'm a little annoyed that I still need to use my gps. I tend to have other things on my mind when i'm driving to the hospital though. Like him. The other times I've come I asked around about him. Red hair, blue eyes, pale skin, paramedic. So far I've found out that his name is Ian. I found that out the first time I came. The second and third times he just happened to not be working. I didn't want anyone telling him about me, so I just made casual conversation. It's not like he's remember me anyways, I looked left for dead when he saw me last. I was actually, which is pretty fucked up.

I try to forget about all of that as I ride the parking garage elevator up to the ground floor where the paramedics are usually mingling around waiting on someone to bring in. I look up as I turn the corner and see his bright red, low cut hair. I stumble over my feet and my breath hitches in my throat. Is it really him? It has to be. Different haircut obviously, but I know it's him. His back is turned away from me while he's talking to another dark haired female paramedic. She looks up and makes eye contact with me. Oh shit does she know i'm walking towards them?

My head tells me to stop, turn around, walk away, and go home. But my legs just won't stop moving. I think they even speed up. What the hell am I doing?

I get maybe ten feet away and the dark haired woman looks up at me once again. This time kind of confused. Ian was mid sentence talking about some guy named Carl when he stops a moment and turns around, following his coworker's gaze. His eyes meet mine and every ounce of sense leaves my body. I don't know what to do. I stand there attempting to form words when he finally speaks.

"Hey, you looking for something?" He asks in a friendly manner, giving me a warm smile.

I get temporarily lost in his icy blue eyes when he takes a step closer to me and places a hand on my arm. The same hand, on the same arm as the day of the accident. Is this fate? Or is this fate?

"You okay?" He questions, meeting my gaze and snapping me out of my trance.

"Uh, yeah hi." I stutter. He chuckles a little and the lady standing behind him gets called off to someone else. She looks back and gives me a thumbs up, earning a weak smile from me as she walks off. I mentally thank her for the support and wonder if all girls are connected in some strange mental way.

I turn back to face him completely.

"Okay, I don't really know what I had planned to say to you," I mange to get out without stuttering.

He smiles and furrows his brows.

"What do you mean?" He questions.

I take a deep breath and shift my weight to the other leg. I still can't really stand on my left leg too long since the accident.

"I wanted to take you on a date," I rush out.

He seems taken aback by my forwardness, but doesn't seem offended.

"Yeah, I'd really like that," he smiles.

Shit, really? That was easy.

He pulls out his phone and taps my number into a new contact, along with my name after complimenting me on how pretty he thinks it sounds.

"I gotta go get ready but I'll make sure to call you tonight when I get off," He assures and walks off towards the door where there are other paramedics crowded around.

I exhale a breath of relief and built up tension I didn't know I was holding. I give myself a mental pat on the back as I walk back to the parking garage, grinning ear to ear.

(I don't really know where I was going with this one lol, but I saw the picture and tried. Also, I reached 100 reads today which I am pretty happy about. The first 100 is always special. Keep reading because I'm gonna keep writing!)