L A U G H T E R

»—» Joy
»—» Fun
»—» Happiness
»—» Amusement
»—» Shock
»—» Sarcasm
»—» Sadness
»—» Depression
»—» Emptiness

All of these emotional states can lead to laughter.

Yes, even the last ones.

What is laughing? Why do we do it? With so many different laughs, so many different sounds, pouring from the lips of so many; it's hard to tell.

A truly joyful person can laugh, and it can be beautiful, regardless of how they laugh, because laughter shows joy and happiness.

Right?

Well, a person who appears to joyful and filled at their brim with happiness, can be nothing but and everything of the state emptiness.

There are famous actors that many people adore, but their acting is just as good as anyone else who has stared in the mirror in the earliest hours of the morning rehearsing their perfect laugh as if an actor rehearsing their lines.

Laughing despite the pain.

No, laughing because of the pain.

Laughing is a concept of many wonders. Do we laugh because we are happy? Do we laugh to feel happy? Or do we laugh to make it seem as if we are happy, but under our rehearsed smiles we are crying out for someone to notice?

Laughter. A true mystery.

Because with everyone's different story, laughter is different for everyone.

A laugh doesn't always mean happiness—that's a given. People laugh when they're sad, people laugh even when they're broken to the point of no fixing, people laugh when they feel emptier than their thoughts in the earliest hours of the morning staring into that mirror for their daily rehearsal, and people laugh to hopefully feel more.

But people also laugh to feel less.

Because feeling, can hurt more than staring at your bedroom ceiling through the dark feeling nothing at all.