H A P P Y

"It's been a while." He says as he stares through her, admiring the beauty glistening in the light in front of him.

"Yeah." She replies in a tone softer than the clouds that float and collapse within themselves above them.

They both lie staring at separate beauties.

His eyes set upon her outer beauty and slowly leaking within her cracks and processing the beauty of her mind, while her eyes stared upon the floating cotton balls of the sky and the glimmering sunlight upon the water and the dust particles spiraling about them.

"Is it good?"

Her eyes quietly roam the sky as she processes his voice breaking the peaceful air, "Is what good?"

"That it's been a while."

She ponders his question for a moment before a smile wider than the field they lie in spreads across her face.

"I think so."

"Why? Haven't you missed this?"

Her smile still remains as she turns her gaze to the pale faced boy, her hazel eyes taking in every freckle; connecting the dots before looking back into his confused eyes.

"Of course I have. But that's the beauty in it." Turning her gaze back to the fluffy lumps that have already formed into different shapes, she lets her eyes fall shut.

"If you visit your happy place every day, it will no longer become happy for you. It will just become another everyday routine that you seek escape from. So it's good to leave so you can come back and truly understand the beauty behind being happy... and this is it."