before the lies(revised)

Before being a spy and being well, you know. MacGyver.  Mac went to MIT. Which was where he found the love of his life named Y/n L/n.
She knew the Angus MacGyver before he enrolled into the military, she knew he would be the one to trust if her life was at stake.

Out of the many people you've met at MIT, Mac was the only one who was unique to you. You'd often find him walking around fiddling with paperclips. He never just sat there and did nothing.

The way you two met wasn't the best way to meet, but if it hadn't  happened who knows if you two would've met.

It was in the middle of a tornado warning. Everyone was huddled in the concrete buildings all squished together. And somehow you and Mac were right next to each other the whole time.

"Hey," you scoffed trying to not freak out in this situation.

"Oh hi, I don't suppose you have a paper clip on you?" He jokes knowing that everyone knew him as the "paperclip boy"
-

Without that warning this might've been a totally different story.
Eventually MacGyver didn't want to be in a lab all day, which was surprising to hear. Just a few years into his College course he dropped out and enlisted into the military. You of course was heartbroken that he would be gone for a long time. You've heard of what are some things that happen in Afghanistan. And you were worried sick.

You finished your courses at MIT. At the same time Mac left the military with honored discharge.

He wasn't a different Mac to you when he came back. You two just got a bit older and got a little more wiser that's all. But as we all know Angus MacGyver has secrets of his own. Not many years later he joined DXS. A covert ops government organization. Alongside him was his Sargent leader during Afghanistan, Jack Dalton who was former delta force.

Patricia Thornton was the boss and Niki Carpenter who also graduated from MIT a few years before you.

The only thing is with this new job, it had to be kept a secret. You were as blind as a bat. But again Mac was no different. He still was his nerdy funny self.

You didn't see much change, you just thought he worked for a think tank helping to make society a little better.
But who knew this was all a cover.
Were you just another pawn used by him to keep his cover? Was there even any truth in this very long relationship?

most of all, was the love real?

You left for a year, where you had no contact with MacGyver that whole time. It wasn't until you realized a few things and came back to try look for Mac, to see if there was still an ember in that fire you two had. One that could light that spark you two had a year ago.

There was a complication that made things more complicated.

You had a boyfriend and it wasn't MacGyver. Secretly he liked you but pushed those feelings aside until one special night, where fate brought you two closer, where forgiveness will be needed. It was all up to you to decide to forgive and live on with Mac in the picture, or leave, again,,for good this time.

————————————

Here's some background story to help make the story line clearer:) actual chapters will be published soon! while you're waiting check out my MacGyver imagines! I'm active there a lot!

Leave feedback on how you thought of the background of the story and how they both met. There will be some chapters where I will delve more into their past so don't worry if things don't make sense !

Love you all!
-llvevo