4. criminalized

It was around 2 A.M when you got the text from Bozer. You woke from your uncomfortable sleep and squinted at the bright screen.

From: Wilt Bozer
Hey it's late but you said you wanted a text whenever, Mac just got home. He usually doesn't sleep till later.

You sat up and prepared to go to Mac's house. You thought to just wait until the morning but you didn't want to wait. You got in your car, not even changing out of your pajamas and drove to Hollywood Hills. The porch light was on and you could hear the muffled voice of the t.v on in the living room.

You got out of your car, the brisk air sending chills up your back. You walked up to the door and knocked. Shuffling behind the door was heard and it unlocked.
"Oh hey Y/n, what are you doing here?" A surprisingly awake MacGyver greets you. He didn't even seem a bit tired.

"I asked Bozer to send a text whenever you got home, I just wanted to talk."

Mac still looked confused even after you had explained why you were at his front door at 2 A.M. "Bozer isn't home, he's staying at another friends house this weekend," Mac says looking at you confused.
"What do you mean? He's the one who texted me," you chuckle. "Okay Mac stop playing around."

"I'm not kidding? Can I see the number he texted you from?" He asked looking over his shoulder, his eyes scanning around you both. You reached into your pocket about to pull out your phone.

"Y/n get down!" Mac yells grabbing your shoulder and pulling you inside. A quiet bullet piercing the wooden wall. "What the hell!" You yell shaking. "Okay come follow me," Mac says in an almost calm voice. How could he be calm in a situation like this? You wanted to scream and run, but there was no where to run to.

You followed Mac close behind, ducking from any windows or doors. You both were in the bathroom. "Stay here. Don't make any noise," Mac says again in a calm voice. You saw in his eyes that he was worried. He had noticed that you were beyond scared. As another silent bullet shot inside the house breaking a glass.

"Mac, what is going on?" You ask in a timid voice. You didn't know what to think other than you were going to die. Mac was smart but you didn't think he was capable of fighting off someone with a gun.
"You're going to be okay. I need you to call Jack. Be quiet okay?" He says staring into your eyes. You nodded and he slowly backed away.

You quickly dialed Jack's number. After a few rings a sleepy voice answered.
"Hello? Y/n what's up?" Jack says in a sleepy voice. Your hand was barely able to hold the phone steady. You were afraid of Mac's life and yours.

"Jack, I'm at Mac's house. Someone's inside with a gun. It's just Mac and I, he told me to call you. Please I'm just really scared," you say as you hear another shot go off.

"I'll be there. Stay put," Jack says sounding more alert. You hung up and tried to calm yourself down. You could hear the footsteps going around the living room area.

"Oh Angus? Where'd you go?" A sinister mans voice echoed. It's voice almost as calm as Mac's but in a much colder tone. "Oh c'mon I came out to play. Now this isn't very fun!" The mans voice echoed again.

It was silent for a few minutes. You tried your best to calm your breathing so it didn't echo in the bathroom. You were shaking like crazy, your heart was racing a hundred miles an hour. You didn't hear anymore footsteps for a few minutes.

"Now where'd that girl go? Y/n right?" The mans voice broke the silence. The footsteps began and they got closer to you. You covered your mouth as your anxiety climbed. You had thought Mac just ditched you here to die. But you quickly tossed the thought out of your head. You began scanning the small bathroom for anything that you could use to protect yourself.