7. oblivious

Disoriented from walking you continued on. You didn't know what time it was but swore the sky had gotten brighter. With the adrenaline running out your eyes became tired and heavy. You walked alongside a quiet road with only a few cars passing by every so often. It was silent. Not a animal or sound was heard, not even rustling of leaves could be heard. Only the chirps of the crickets that sung songs that hid in the low grass.

Nothing looked familiar, not a building or a sign that you recognized. With your phone left at the Phoenix you had no way of using an online map.

Though you were right, the sun indeed was beginning to rise. The somber dark sky soon turned into a uplifting grayish blue. With your sight somewhat restored you were able to see the city buildings in the distance. You had a sense of where you were now. No longer clueless you continued onward slowly regretting your decision on walking without any destination.

-. meanwhile at the Phoenix .-

"By looking at the expression on your face things didn't go well did they?" Jack says approaching his still stressed friend.

"Not in the slightest," MacGyver says running his hands through his hair.

"Wanna talk about it? Get some breakfast, it's almost sunrise," Jack offers trying to cheer MacGyver up. Mac had thought you only came back into his life to cause more trouble. And here he was correct. The halls of the Phoenix were empty. Only a few technicians and agents were there.
This wasn't suppose to happen none of this should've ever happened if Mac did his job well and caught Murdoc. But now he was left with a broken friendship and confused thoughts.

"Yeah, I gotta do something to get this off my head," MacGyver says getting up.

-.

You felt yourself slowly slipping away. Your head was pounding and your legs felt limp. You were staggering as you tried to walk in a straight line alongside the now busy road. But still you continued on.

You were dehydrated and lacked common sense to just sit down. The once chirping crickets soon became quiet and the grey sky turned into a warm orange. The sun beaming down on your face making you overheated. As the cars pass the sound of them echoed in your ears. You thought you had started seeing stars but it was just hallucinations.

You felt yourself slowly loosing balance and unable to steady yourself with your own legs. You collapsed to the floor looping in and out of conscious. You tried gettin back up but couldn't move. It was like all your energy was gone.

Then everything went dark.

-.

"I'm tellin you man, 2019 Dallas Cowboys win the Super Bowl," Jack argues once again with Mac. "They haven't won since what? The 90s?"

Jack drove down the main road while concentrating but also trying to back up what he was saying.
"Don't hate man. Let a dream live," Jack says. "Hope Thornton doesn't call us in. I'd at least get come hours of sleep."

Mac stares out the window still confused about everything. He hasn't been this conflicted over anything since the day you left. He recalled that day perfectly as if it was yesterday. The same round of emotions and stress.

"Woah woah is it just me or is that someone on the side of the road?" Jack asks taking off his sunglasses and slowing his car. Mac looks in the direction and sees the same thing.

"No Jack I think you're right. Pull over they might need help," MacGyver says anxiously. "Wait a second. That's Y/n." Both of them realize as they recall the same colored shirt you were wearing.
"Oh my."

Jack pulled over and the both of them ran over to you. Though Mac was upset he began to wish he hadn't said some of the things he said to you. They rolled you over only to see your eyes closed and your pulse weak. There were some cuts on your face and arms from trying to brave the fall but nothing major.

"Y/n's dehydrated and probably exhausted let's get her to the hospital," Jack says picking you up and laying you in the backseat. Mac had began to worry for your wellbeing. He began to think that if he hadn't been so obnoxious you would've been awake and not passed out on the side of the road. Mac continued to glance into the back looking at you as Jack quickly drove to the nearest hospital.

You were admitted quickly due to the severity of your injuries. An I.V was placed in your arm along with other various needles that were delivering much needed nutrients. With your stats looking better and better Mac and Jack's worries were soon eased. They stood there outside your room hoping you'd wake up soon.

"I know we were suppose to talk about this over some breakfast," Jack starts looking at his concerned friend who was not in a great state of mind at the moment. "Don't do what Y/n did to you. Man I know it hurt, it definitely hurt me since I was her friend but I know it affected you more. Y/n needs someone there for her. Something happened while she was in New York that she didn't mention which is why she came back. I don't know what but I just got that feeling."

MacGyver looked through the windows seeing you lay there. "Something happened like what?" Mac asks wanting to know what Jack caught onto before he did.

"No one just disappears and then suddenly comes back with no reason other than 'I missed you' c'mon man you're smart at everything except when it comes to personal problems." What Jack said was a bit leading but looking back on everything that has happened since you came back there weren't much changes but there was probably something missing from your story.

"I just can't help but to think she left because of me," MacGyver says taking his eyes off you.
"What do you mean 'because of you'? What'd you do?" Jack asks unaware of this. Mac sighed "I sort of subtly told Y/n how I felt about her but I don't think it was obvious enough."

"You what man? Now this just backs up what I said about how you nerds suck at relationships," Jack teases.

Mac remembers this day clearly. Y/n was about to leave for work after staying the night over and just before y/n left Mac said something along the lines of 'after knowing you for a while I feel like there's something there between us.' MacGyver hadn't said a word about this day to anyone but the thoughts did linger in the back of his head, and still does.

Though was this the reason you left? Mac had always wanted to know and you didn't give the most clearest answer a few hours ago. MacGyver was left with more questions than answers since you came back. It had seemed like what Jack said about your story not being the whole story started to seem true.