3.norm

It was a few weeks, still in Los Angeles, still no contact with anyone back in New York. You've somewhat regained what you left with everyone. No one questioned you are looked at you differently. It seemed like everything was picked up back where you left off, though you did know that there were definitely some talks behind your back. But you deserved it.

The regular parties/group hangouts were still somewhat every week but everyone would pop in almost everyday. It was like MacGyvers house was a pitstop for everyone to just stop by and say hello.

Although some days where you would go over without notice no one was there to answer the door other than Bozer. Today was one of those days.

"Wheres Mac?" You ask confused on why he wasn't home yet again.

"Business trip for their company again, they're always busy. He'll probably be home like tomorrow at the latest, but he will be tired. Like really tired so don't be expecting him tomorrow," Bozer said putting on his working hat which was made out of paper.

"Well you can stay here, if you do end up leaving lock the door. I'm going to work, see ya later," Bozer says walking out.

You walked around the familiar living room seeing the same photos up on the counter and the same old couch you helped Mac choose.

.-

"I'm telling you, this one matches the carpet that's going to be underneath it," You say pointing at the brown tan colored couch. "I don't really like the style of it though," MacGyver argues back. You frown and sit on the couch.

"Well I think you're going to have to love it, cause I already do."

Both of you share a laugh together as Mac signed off the papers to have it delivered to his home later that day.

.-

You smile at the small memory that you had. Almost all of the items in the house you can correlate to a specific memory, that's how close you two were. Possibly at some point you were closer with Mac than Bozer was, but you knew that this close connection was long gone. When in New York you missed the feeling of knowing that if you were to just call Mac you knew that he would be on the other side to pick up. At any time of day you knew that he would answer his phone. Unless he was on one of those trips that his employer sends him on.

With further inspection around the hallway of photos and living room you couldn't find the photos of you that were once up. You didn't blame him if he had taken them down. Instead they were replaced with scenic photos that were taken from the balcony.

You walked into the hallway peering into the rooms, seeing that only a few things had changed. Such as Bozers "craft room" and the redesigned bathroom. You peeked inside Mac's room. You knew you shouldn't you went in anyways after seeing that there were other photos on a nightstand.

You walked over to the dark nightstand and saw that among the photo of his family and friends your picture was there. You smiled and remembered the photo clearly. You two went fishing, bad idea but it made great memories that you remember to this day.

.-

The sun reflected off the crystal water, stinging your eyes. The smell of the dead bait made you uneasy but you were having fun. "Can we please use a different bait," you complained once more. "Have you never gone fishing? Theres no bait that will smell any better," Mac chuckles throwing in his fishing line. You doing the same.

There was a soft breeze which carried the smell of the bait away from your nose. It was mid spring. The leaves were fully green and the birds had come out to sing their afternoon song. Although it wasn't the best experience that you were having you did enjoy being out in nature and away from the cramped city.

"I think I got something," MacGyver says reeling in his what looked like a hand made fishing pole.

The water rippled and the rod bent. "Wow you actually got something!" You say in amazement as Mac struggled to reel in what was probably a baby fish. "And I lost it," Mac says sitting back down. "Well look at that," You laugh. He looks at you with a smirk, "What?" He asks.

"Angus MacGyver you are terrible at fishing. Out of everything in the world that you're good at, fishing?" You continue to laugh. Mac's face turns a shade of pink and he smiles trying to cover his face.

"Alright, you got me," He says in defeat. You were uncontrollably laughing still, even though you were way past what was actually hilarious.

"Y/n you look crazy, stop!" MacGyver says nudging your shoulder trying to hold back his laughter from how odd you look.

"I. Can't. Stop." You say in-between breaths. Mac took out his camera and got your attention for a second and snapped a picture. "Hey! Don't!" You shout lunging at the camera. "

.-

You quickly left the room and went back to the living room. With nothing to do inside the house you left. Making sure to lock the door on your way out.

A few hours later you started receiving the same texts and calls from Noah. You wanted to call and say something but what was there to say? That you went back to California to start back up your old life? You had to tell someone about your situation but you didn't know how anyone would react to it. It was messed up, you knew that but couldn't get yourself to explain a story that wasn't worth being told.

You called Bozer later asking if he could send a text to you when Mac gets back. Then you waited.