6. truth

"That's all from the time they were in New York? Quite a bit," Patricia says flipping through the pages.

-.

Although being somewhat jailed in a lab Mac brought back some tea and slices of pizza. You both laughed and told stories and just reminisced about the past. You both sat there backs against a wall staring into an empty lab having a good time. Which made you realize that you can have a good time anywhere with Mac even if it's in a lab!

"Hey do you remember that one time where we wanted to do extra lab work but all the labs were closed for the holidays," MacGyver asks turning to you. You smile and remember the memory vividly.

"Of course I do, that's when they called the police on us because you set off a silent alarm!" You laugh remembering you two being in handcuffs against a police car.

"You were so scared. I remember the look on your face," Mac chuckles.

"I was only scared that they were going to call my parents! You just thought it was funny and didn't worry about anything," you add.

"I gotta say though. That one time we thought it was a good idea to test a rocket in the middle of the university yard was hands down the worst idea ever." To be fair it was your own idea.

"Now that was a good one. The tree practically burning down," Mac laughs having almost forgotten that memory.

You thought to yourself on what went wrong, how did such a great solid friendship end up in this mess. You couldn't help to think that you were the reason everything went downhill after leaving abruptly. But this was the beginning of putting back the pieces to the way it was.

-.

You had gotten a few hours of sleep, it was well after morning and Mac had to leave to talk to Patrica. You were called back into the interrogation room only this time there was a file that sat on the desk. Patricia and Mac both walked in and sat across from you.

"We did a background check on everything about you. I just have a few questions and you'll be able to leave," Patricia days opening up the file. You caught a glance of your own picture and a few other papers that you couldn't read from your angle.

"Went to school at MIT, had a few engineering jobs here and there. Everything seems legitimate except when you went to New York for a while," She says shifting her attention back to you. Then you had realized that they had all of your information. Probably even including Noah's and everything you did while in New York.

"From what I see you have a boyfriend who you left behind in New York? Noah Stone?"

MacGyver's expression quickly changed, so did yours.
"Y/n I'll need you to confirm all the information I've said," Patricia says. Mac broke eye contact as he just stared at his thumbs.

"Yes, that's correct," you say silently. You knew you messed up. You should've told everyone about New York instead of having one of your closest friends find out this way.

"And employment there; a small bookstore and also retailer?"

You nod trying to read MacGyver's expression. It was obviously a face of disappointment and hurt. You too were disappointed in yourself and your actions.

"Though while there you had contact with some people in China? Why was this?" Patricia asks Truong to regain back your attention. Patricia noticed how the vibe in the room changed, how there was tension between you two.

"I ordered some parts from China to build stuff," you respond remembering how you wanted to get back into engineering so you made various different things.