Red Eye

"It's called a Red Eye." Garnet said. Sally looked into the telescope.

"It's huge! What's it going to do?" Sally asked pulling away from the telescope.

"It's going to crash and kill all of Beach City." Garnet said. Sally shivered. Pearl began looking into the telescope.

"It's bigger than I thought! I didn't know they could actually get that big!" Pearl exclaimed.

"Garnet! Pearl!" Amethyst yelled running up, carrying Steven.

"We saw. Some of us are trying to protect humanity. Where were you?" Pearl said.

"Eating fry bits." Amethyst said putting Steven down.

"Ugh." Pearl face palmed.

"I wanna see!" Steven said looking into the telescope. It's metal parts shifted so that it's eye was out. "It's a giant eye! Awesome!"

"That is not awesome! It's a Red Eye!" Pearl said throwing her arms out. Steven pulled seat from the telescope.

"Red Eye?! It's gonna infect us all!" He yelled.

"That's Pink Eye." Garnet corrected. Amethyst laughed and Sally lightly chuckled.

"It's going to crash into Beach City, crushing us along with a bunch of oblivious humans. We have to stop it." Pearl said clutching her fist closed.

"Well, what are we going to do?" Steven asked.

"The only thing that would be powerful enough to stop it would be a Light Cannon that belonged to Rose Quartz." Garnet said adjusting her visor. Sally raised an eye brow at the mention of Steven's mother, wondering how Steven felt about Garnet saying her name.

"My mom?" Steven asked.

"If Rose were here, this would be so easy." Amethyst whined.

"I know. But she's not. And the cannon is missing. We'll have to find another solution." Pearl said.

"If it belonged to my mom, I bet Dad will know where it is." Steven said. Sally held back a small laugh.

"Greg? Really? He already has a hard time understanding gem technology, let alone keep some with him." Sally said.

"Greg is... nice, Steven, but I doubt Rose would entrust someone like him with such a powerful weopon." Pearl said.

"Your dad is kind of a mess, Steven." Amethyst said placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Amethyst!" Pearl growled.

"I'm just saying! Even if she did leave it with him, he probably broke, or lost, or dropped in the ocean by now." She said.

"True." Garnet agreed.

"No way! I bet he's just keeping it somewhere safe. I'll go ask him." Steven said. "Wanna come, Sally?"

"We can handle this, Steven. Ready?" Garnet said as she turned to Amethyst. Amethyst nodded. Garnet picked her up and jumped high into the air. She threw Amethyst with all her strength towards the Eye.

Amethyst yelled as she hurled towards they Eye, she then hit it and fell to the ground.

"I'm gonna go. Sally?" Steven turned to her.

"Nah. I'll stay here and help." She said. Steven nodded and ran off.

"I don't think this is working..." Pearl said watching Amethyst wash up onto shore.

"It's all we've got. I doubt Steven will find the Light Cannon." Garnet said.

"What even is a Light Cannon?" Sally asked.

"Oh, it's a giant cannon that produces light from the energy inside a Rose Quartz gem. At least, I think." Amethyst said walking up. She looked up to Garnet, ready to be thrown again.

"Does it... hurt to have your energy sucked out of you?" Sally asked.

"For a while. But over time, you build back up that lost energy." Pearl said. Garnet once again threw Amethyst towards the Eye.

"Do you think... That I'm even still a gem? I mean, I've never been able to summon a weopon but twice, my gem rarely even glows anymore..." Sally said as she turned to Pearl.

"You're still a gem... Your just..." Pearl sighed. "Honestly, I don't know what you are anymore. But you've been with us, helping with Steven. You've been fighting gem monsters even if you can't activate your gem. You're like family to us, don't forget that." Pearl said hugging Sally.

"Thanks..." Sally said hugging her back.

The sky turned red, and Steven still wasn't back yet. The Eye was getting closer by the minute. This wasn't working. It wasn't even cracking. Amethyst washed up again.

"Throw me again!" Amethyst said. She heard a door shut. The gems turned and gasped.

"Is that...?" Sally's eyes widened.

Greg and Steven had drove up with a pink and white cannon behind them. It was tall, and had pink crystal parts all over it.

"We're saved!" Amethyst yelled standing up.

"He really did have it." Pearl smiled. The Eye suddenly began sucking everything up, pulling the gems' slowly away. But they stood their place.

"We have to use it now!" Garnet yelled. Pearl ran up to it and began searching for a button or some object to activate it.

"I don't know how it works! It was Rose's!" She said.

"Dad! How'd it work?!" Steven asked turning to Greg. Greg shrugged his shoulders. Pearl grabbed Steven and turned him to her.

"Steven, this is serious." She said. Realization suddenly washed over her. "The gem. You have Rose's gem!"

"That's it!" Amethyst smiled picking Steven up and pushing him against it.

"Amethyst, I don't think that will work." Sally said.

"Sure it will. Steven, c'mon. We'll all die if you don't." Amethyst said rubbing him harder.

"Stop that!" Garnet yelled.

"It's no use, Amethyst. Only Rose could activate it." Pearl said.

"Fine! Throw me instead!" Amethyst said jumping into Amethyst's arms.

"That won't work, either, Amethyst." Pearl said.

"Please work. Go. Activate. Turn on. Everyone's counting on you! You can't just be useless! I know you can help!" He said, talking to the cannon.

"It's okay, Steven. We'll figure out something else. Something that will work." Greg said. Steven smiled.

"R-Right. If every pork chop were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs." He said. Suddenly, the cannon began glowing pink. Sally gasped.

"Steven!" She yelled. Steven gasped. The weopon glowed brightly as it one by one made petals on the side, like a rose.

"It's working!" Pearl yelled trying to hold Amethyst down as the pull was pulling her away.

It fell to the ground, not being propped. Sally ran up to help Steven lift it.

She pushed it up as if it was nothing, and held it in place while the others aimed it.

"Brace yourselves!" Garnet yelled.

The cannon shot a bright pink glow, breaking apart into a Rose Quartz shaped form. It hit the eye directly in the center, and it cracked up. It blew up, and peices went flying everywhere.

"Woohoo! We did it!" Amethyst said, picking Steven up and squeezing him tightly.

"Good job, Steven." Pearl ruffled his hair.

"Yeah, man, you did good." Sally said. Steven smiled.

"Thanks guys. But think we're gonna have to clean up the mess the eye made." Steven said. Sally groaned, and the others laughed.

"Guess so..." Garnet smiled down at Steven.