Sword Fighting

The gems sat with Steven by his bed, watching one of Steven's movies. It was called Lonely Blade.

Sally sat next to Pearl after being fired by her to sit there. She kept thinking about why Garnet was so upset. She had never seen her like this before. It was strange. It was almost as if she sensed something as soon as she touched the staff. As if it was bad. But Sally isn't bad... Even after all that had happened before...

"You're so lonely, Lonely Blade." Steven commented on the movie. After watching a part where a janitor pulls out a sword, Steven gasps. "The janitor is the Samurai president?!"

"Oh, come on. It was so obvious. I mean, he was even on the movie box." Pearl said. After watching a fight scene, Pearl began saying stuff about it. "This is ridiculous! I mean, look at their form! This is nothing like real sword fighting!" Garnet hushed Pearl. Steven laughed.

"It's just a movie, Pearl." He said.

"Well, if you ever want to see real sword fighting techniques, tell me." Pearl said. Steven placed his hand on Pearl. He had stars in his eyes. "Now?"

* * *

The gems warped to a place high in the sky. A place Sally had never been to before.

"What is this place?" Sally asked Pearl.

"This is the 'Ruins'. They used to be called the Sky Arena, but they are... Well, ruins!" She answered.

Pearl sat the gems down in some broken seats at the side.

"All right. In order to give a proper demonstration, I'm going to need a partner." Pearl said. Steven raised his hand, but Garnet put it back down. Sally raised hers. Pearl frowned at her. "I don't know, Sally... What if you get hurt?"

"I won't get hurt!" Sally glared at her, upset that Pearl never let's her have fun.

"Uh... You can't sword fight. Sorry." Pearl shrugged coming up with an excuse. Sally sighed.

"Well, I have the perfect candidate right here." Pearl said. Her gem glowed and revealed a hologram that looked identical to Pearl, except instead of a star on the chest, it had a diamond. "This is the holo-Pearl!"

"Cool! It's a hologram Pearl!" Steven said.

"Ah, jeez." Amethyst rolled her eyes.

"Do you wish to engage in combat?!" It asked quite loudly.

"Let this be the perfect battle." Pearl said tossing it a sword.

While the two Pearls were trying to be the better Pearl, Sally stared off in the distance. She honestly didn't care about the fight. She didn't even want to come. Pearl forced her to.

She sighed and stood up. Luckily, Pearl didn't notice. She was busy sword fighting. Sally went and sat down the stairs by the Warp pad.

She wondered if she had fallen, would she be able to use her weopon again. But this time, with more power. It was a risk, but there was a good chance of her summoning her staff again.

She let her feet dangle over the edge, fear prickling the back of her mind. But she ignored it. She felt like jumping, but before she could, something happened.

Sally had heard an explosion. A familiar explosion. One she knew all too well from a while back. She had remembered it. It was too vivid for her to forget. The sound was someone poofing.

She jumped up from her spot, losing the urge to jump. She ran up the steps and saw Steven crying while holding a gem. Garnet and Amethyst were by him. Sally ran up.