Dance With Me

I got bored and decided to put a song in it. Also, prepare for the moment I have been waiting for, but you might not have been! And this chap short.

Pearl walked down the golden beach, staring at her feet. She called out Sally's name every so often, but there was no answer. The sun was setting, and there was no sign of her.

"Sally!" She called. No answer still. She walked into the grassy field, close to where the new gem neighbors lived. She spotted Sally sitting in the tall grass, the grass up to her orange shoulders. Pearl decided to walk up to her and talk with her, but something stopped her.

Is Sally... Singing?

Pearl thought. She walked a little closer, careful not to make any noise. She was. It was quiet, but she was. Pearl listened closely to the words.

"If I could begin to be half of what you think of me,
I could do about anything, I could even learn how to love...
When I see the way you act, wondering when I'm coming back,
I could do about anything, I could even learn how to love like you...
Love like you...
I always thought I might be bad, now I'm sure that it's true,
Cause I think you're so good, and I'm nothing like you...
Look at you go, I just adore you...
I wish that I knew...
What makes you think I'm so special...
If I could begin to do,
Something that does right by you, I would about anything,
I would even learn how to love like you...
When I see the way you look, shaken by how long it took, I could do about anything,
I could even learn how to love,
Love like you...
Love me like you..."

Pearl took the end of the sweet song as her cue to go to her. She placed a hand on her shoulder. Sally gasped sharply and looked up to her. Her face was damp with tears and was visorless. Pearl grabbed her hand and pulled her up.

"I heard you..." She said, smiling a little. Sally's face turned dark orange. "That was pretty good..."

"Thanks..." Sally laughed a little. Pearl smiled, feeling a sweet serenity that she hasn't felt in years. She intertwined fingers with Sally.

"Want to dance...?" Pearl asked shyly. Sally smiled and nodded.

They twirled around slowly through the field, their gemstones shimmering in the moonlight. They hummed as they twirled, happy to be in each other's presence. Pearl dipped her, feeling the courage in her.

She pulled Sally's face closer and closer until their lips finally met. Sally's eyes flew open, her face dark. She didn't know what to do, so she just went along with it. She was happy to know Pearl had the same feelings, but she wasn't expecting this.

Pearl pulled away and opened her eyes. Sally stared at her. There was no smile, but Pearl could clearly tell she was happy.

They stood up straight, both avoiding eye contact. Sally laughed a little, looking down at the ground.

"Thank you, Pearl." She said. Pearl looked over to her, smiling softly.

"You're welcome." She said.

They grabbed hands and started a walk back towards the temple, not saying a word to each other.