Reformed

The pic above is Sally's new form, only it's designed with a Diamond because she doesn't know how to change her form or anything. So it went back to what it was supposed to be. And later on in the story, you might just learn why.

(4 weeks later)

It had been so long since Sally had reformed. The gems didn't know a gem could actually spend that much time inside their gemstone.

Pearl sat in the temple, alone. She sat, feeling terrible. The feelings she thought had long disappeared when Rose gave up her form came back, only this time, Sally didn't give up her form.

Pearl took it away.

"Oh, Sally." Pearl sniffed. "I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have done this to you. You have no idea how to reform... And now you're gone. All because of me." A tear slipped out of her eye and dripped down onto the gemstone. "I... Don't want to lose you. You mean so much to me. I... I already lost Rose, and I can't lose you, too. Please, just come back." Pearl mumbled, holding the gem close to her.

The gem glowed brightly. Pearl gasped. The gem floated into the air, and a bright form grew. Her hair flopped down and she fell to the floor. She just laid there for a moment, unable to process anything. She felt as if she was a brand new person. As if she had been reincarnated in some strange way.

"Sally!" Pearl tackled Sally. "Are you okay?! What took you so long?!" Pearl pulled her up so that they were sitting on their knees.

"I'm fine, Pearl!" Sally laughed. "But... What exactly happened?"

"I... Poofed you." Pearl frowned. Sally had a flashback of when Pearl told her what happens when a gem is poofed.

"You... Hurt me?" Sally asked.

"It was for a good reason! You were corrupted!" She said.

"I was?" Sally asked. She really couldn't remember most of what happened before she got poofed. All she remembered was seeing the gems before it all went black.

"Yes... But we healed you." Pearl said. Sally smiled and pulled Pearl into a hug. Pearl gasped lightly, but hugged her back.

"Pearl, we're-- Sally!" Amethyst said walking through the door. Garnet and Steven followed.

"Pearl, you found her!" Steven said, still thinking that she was just lost.

"Woah... Sally, your form." Amethyst said pointing to it.

"It's got..." Pearl mumbled realizing it was different.

"What about..." Sally looked down at it. "It...?" She realized it looked different. "How... Did I do that?"

"We need to talk. Inside the temple. Steven, we'll be out soon." Garnet said pushing them into her room. She closed the door. "Why are you wearing a Homeworld outfit?!"

"What? I-I don't know!" Sally said. Garnet towered over her.

"I know you had it changed from your original form. Why?"

"I don't know! I honestly don't even know how I came out of my gem! I just saw blackness until I woke up earlier!" She said.

"I don't believe you!" Garnet yelled.

"Garnet, maybe she is--" Garnet yelled at Pearl to be quiet.

"Why are you acting so different? It wasn't until recently you have been acting different. You act as if we are the bad guys sometimes, but you don't show it. You are always quiet. We barely ever see you unless we go on missions. I know you're hiding something. Tell me what it is." Garnet glared at Sally. Sally began laughing. Laughing hysterically.

"Yep, you caught me! I am an undercover spy working for Homeworld even though I don't even know what kind of gem I am! I've been acting so different because I'm a spy who doesn't care about the Crystal Gems!" She laughed, although it wasn't exactly funny to her.

It was true, she had been quite... Closed off a lot. She wouldn't show it. She would sometimes be happy when coming home from a mission, but she was really sad on the inside. And she had a good reason. She acted as if they were the bad guys because she was sad and full of rage.

"Sally, this is serious. Tell me." Garnet said, her voice firm but somewhat sweet. Sally sighed. A tear streamed down her cheek.

"What's wrong, Sally?!" Pearl asked grabbing her shoulders and turning her to them.

"Nothing. It's not like you guys would care. You don't even know her." Sally said.

"Who is 'her'?" Amethyst asked.

"My m-mom..." Sally mumbled, tears coming out like a water fall. She fell to the floor, crying into her hands. She pulled her visor off and threw it. She began having a fit like a child, and nobody knew why.

"Sally, just tell us. We do care. Please." Pearl said. Sally sighed.

"I-It's my mom... She... She's dead..." Sally mumbled. The gems gasped lightly and looked at each other.

"Why? How did she die?" Pearl asked sitting next to her.

"Car crash. She was driving to work when another car came driving by really fast. They collided and... Mom didn't make it out." Sally mumbled. "Now I don't have a mom or a dad..."

"We... We never had a mom or dad..." Pearl said. She hugged her closely.

"We're sorry, Sally. And... I'm sorry I yelled at you... I was just so worried..." Garnet said. Sally sniffled and stood up. She pulled the three gems into a hug.

"It's okay. Everything has to die eventually, even gems." Sally said. The three gems chuckled and hugged her tighter.