The Building

Go away if you don't like meh drawing of Sally's mural.

"Pay attention, Steven. This is your first serious mission." Garnet said.

The gems were warping to their next mission, bringing Steven and Sally. Although, Sally wasn't able to leave Pearl's side because of what happened on her last mission.

"I'm ready!" Steven yelled. He flipped around, floating around.

"Stop it, you're going to get sick." Pearl said turning him upright. She looked at his ukelele. "Why did you even bring that?"

"I don't know! I was excited and I love it so much!" He raised his arms, and his ukelele started to float away. He looked up and noticed it. He floated up to it, trying to grab it.

"Steven, get back here! You could get hurt!" Pearl yelled. The Warp stream ended while Steven was high up. He fell out of it, and landed in the distance on the ground.

"Are you okay, Steven?" Sally asked. She helped him up. She looked at the goo on her hands, disgusted. She wiped it off.

"I'm fine, I'm just gooey." He saw licking the strawberry goo off his hand. He saw a bunch of butterflies around him. At first, it was cool. Then they stuck to him, getting in his eyes. "Ah! They're in my eyes!" He ran around, trying to get them off until he fell. Sally and Amethyst were laughing the whole time.

"They're just butterflies, Steven." Garnet said shooing them away. Steven laughed, a little embarrassed.

"They looked bigger when they were on my eyeballs." He said.

"Steven, you're a riot." Amethyst laughed.

"I'm suddenly having second thoughts about this." Pearl said.

"Calm down, Pearl. It's not like anything bad could actually happen to Steven." Sally said.

"That's what we thought when we took you to the Sea Spire." Pearl said. Sally frowned.

"Shh, just look at him." Garnet said. Pearl looked at Steven. Steven wore a smiled of confidence. "Now let's go get the gemstone."

The gems walked through the field, looking for a gem.

"This used to be a large battlefield, but now it's a field of strawberries as far as the eye could see! Oh, that's what I love about the Earth! Maybe this'll be easier than we thought!" Pearl said. Garnet stopped, causing Pearl to bump into her. They gasped.

"Maybe not." Garnet said looking at the giant building. She summoned a small triangle and pushed it into the hole. The door opened.

"Woah!" Steven said looking in awe.

"What is this place?" Sally asked.

"This place was built by bad people who are long gone. That's all you need to know." Pearl said. Sally sighed.

Steven ran around, looking at stuff, while Sally, Pearl and Amethyst looked around for a gem.

"What does this do?" Steven asked. Pearl, not looking, replied,

"Whatever it is, Steven, don't touch it." Pearl said. Steven flipped the triangle over, causing the floor to shake. Pearl ran over to him, the rest of the gems joining. "Steven! What have we told you about touching magic stuff?!"

They were sucked into a tunnel, leading them to another room. They stood in the center, watching the torches light themselves so the room would have light.

"We're gonna have to split up. Steven and me will stay here where it looks safe while you two find the way out." Pearl said.

"No. Steven will come with me. You three go together." Garnet said. She began walking towards a door, waving her hand for Steven to follow.

"I just hope this doesn't end like the tea cups." Pearl said.

"Hey, this is nothing like the tea cups!" Steven said disappearing down the hall with Garnet.

Pearl, Amethyst and Sally decided which door to take and walked down it.

"There doesn't seem to be much dangerous things here." Sally said looking around. It showed murals of gems Sally didn't know.

They passed through a giant room with four large murals. The room had one long walkway, and the room was like a giant square. Below the walkway, was a seemingly endless abyss of nothingness.

The murals showed one large white one, a yellow one, a blue one and then an orange one. The white, blue and yellow were all holding planets, but the orange one was holding a weopon. One that looked identical to hers. Everything about it seemed identical to Sally. There were small shapes of other gems bowing down to her. Her staff was glowing brightly.

Sally shook off the strange feeling that she was connected to it. She just thought she was being paranoid. She continued on her walk with the gems.

"Hey, Sally. Doesn't that look kinda like you?" Amethyst asked pointing at the large mural. Sally didn't answer. Even though she really didn't want to think about it, she did.

She felt as if something was clawing at the back of her mind, trying to break out. But it couldn't. No matter how hard it tried. It made her feel sick, even if gems couldn't get sick. She felt terrible, and felt as if she was going to throw up at any moment.

"Sally?"

Sally stopped walking and looked up at the giant mural. She pulled her hair in pain, the feeling at the back of her head worsening as she looked at the murals. Each one she looked at seemed to make the pain worse, as if she just couldn't remember what they were. It was quite painful.

"Are you... okay?" Pearl asked turning to her.

"My... Head... It hurts..." Sally said.

"What's wrong? Did you get hurt?" Pearl asked walking up to her.

"N-No... It's just a really bad head ache I guess..." Sally said gripping her hair tighter.

"Don't you have something like amnesia? I know it's not technically possible, but with us, anything is possible." Pearl said.

"Yeah... I do have amnesia. Why?" Sally asked rubbing the spot hard where it hurt.

"Your gem maybe trying to unlock your past memories." Pearl said.

"Is that bad?" Sally asked.

"I... Don't know." Pearl said.

"Hey, guys. If we want to get outta here, we had better go." Amethyst said. The gems nodded and walked out of the room. Sally looked back once, but joined the others.

"I just hope my past isn't too crazy..." Sally mumbled placing her hands at her side.