Breaking Out

Hello, everyone. I'm gonna change something up. Instead of Malachite coming into this part I'm gonna put something much worse... Just saying...

Steven woke up in a green cell on the ship. He heard someone singing, and someone freaking out.

"Pearl? Amethyst?" Steven yelled getting up. He remembered the two gems from Garnet. "Garnet!" He yelled about to run out into the open, but a yellow force field stopped him. "What... Is this?" He mumbled touching it. It seemed to coarse through his vains. It was gross.

He walked out of it all way and looked around. He ran down the hall a little, searching for his friends when he saw a small gem sitting alone.

"Hey... Do you need help?" Steven asked. She gasped and looked at him.

"N-No! I mean, ugh don't look at me!" She yelled. Steven sighed and tried to walk away, but the gem stopped him. "Hey, wait... How did you get out?" She asked. Steven put his hand through the field. "It's okay?" She tried doing it, but it zapped her.

They heard a loud scream down the hall.

"Let me out!" And then there was the sound of electricution.

"Hey, you need to let me out!" The gem said. Steven nodded and let her out. The gem slid under him and ran down the hall. "Sapphire!"

Steven looked out a window and saw Earth below him. He turned back to the red gem and followed her. They listened to the singing of Sapphire, but it was hard with another gem screaming to be let out.

They stopped at a cell, which held a blue gem, but not Sapphire.

"It's you." The red gem growled. Lapis turned and faced them.

"Steven!" Lapis said.

"Lapis! I can help you! I can let you out!" Steven said trying to touch it. Lapis yelled no at him again.

"I don't want your help! Things are bad enough as it is! I've already made too much trouble. Once we get to Homeworld, they're going to decide what to do with us." Lapis said. The red gem growled.

"I can't listen to this!" She ran off down the hall, in search of Sapphire.

As she ran, the screams of an angry yet desperate gem got louder. The red gem passed by her, stopping by her.

"Be quiet! I have to find Sapphire!" She yelled, not realizing who it was.

"And I have to get out and find Pearl!" She yelled. The red gem turned and saw Sally trying to get passed the fields.

"Sally..." She mumbled. She growled at her and ran off.

"Wait! Wait! Help me!" Sally yelled, but the red gem left. She ran down into the main room and saw Sapphire standing with Steven.

"Ruby!" She yelled. They ran to each other and hugged. They laughed spinning around.

"Did they hurt you?" Ruby asked.

"That's not important. Did they hurt you?" Sapphire asked. Ruby shook her head.

Sapphire laughed and kissed Ruby's cheek. Ruby spinned around until their forms combined into one, and a familiar fusion landed on the ground.

"Steven!" Garnet laughed. "Thank you!"

"Garnet! You're a fusion?!" Steven laughed.

"Oh, I'm sorry. We didn't want you to know until your birthday." Garnet said.

"Well, did I make a good impression?" Steven asked. Garnet chuckled, cupping his face.

"Of course. Now go find Pearl and Amethyst." She said kissing his head to show him where they are. Steven ran down the hall, leaving Garnet.

He saw Pearl and Amethyst and ran up to them.

"Guys, we have to go!" He said letting one free at a time. They ran down the hall and found the control room. Amethyst used her whip to tie Peridot up while Pearl controlled the ship.

The ship shook from Garnet and Jasper's fight, and something had blown up. Peridot had escaped by taking an escape pod. Garnet joined the other gems.

"This ship is going down!" Garnet said.

"What about Lapis and Sally?!" Steven asked.

"There's no time!" Garnet said. Steven sighed and bubbled the gems and the ship came crashing down to Earth.

Lion had freed the gems who were still safe in a bubble.

The gems were having a happy talk, happy to have escaped, when someone broke free from the rubble.

Jasper arose from the ground, weak from the battle. The gems gasped.

"Don't think you've won... You only beat me because you're a fusion! If I had someone to fuse with, I'd--" Jasper was cut off by the sounds of someone breaking free of the rubble.

Sally freed herself, and saw Jasper and the gems staring at her. She gasped and tried to run, but Jasper grabbed her.

"Where do you think you're going, brat?!" She yelled. "Don't run off so soon... Sphalerite, listen. I know you're weak still, but I'm strong! We can beat the people who have lied to you for years, but only if you fuse with me!" Jasper said. Sally gasped.

"They never lied to me..." She said.

"Of course they did! This disgraceful fusion and defective Pearl say they've never met you, but they have! Because you existed longer than you thought! I understand why you're weak! It's because you were manually restarted! You're defective, only different! You fought in the war for Earth against them! You were with me! With Yellow Diamond! You were a truly wonderful and amazing soldier. And these rebels lied to you. Rose hated you, even though she 'saw beauty in everything'! Go ahead and ask them!" Jasper said. Sally turned to them, eyes wide.

"I-Is that true?" She asked. Pearl turned away, crying. Garnet frowned at Sally.

"It is. We fought you. I remember. We just never said anything because we saw that you weren't who you used to be... We knew that if you learned how to use your powers like before, we would have an advantage. We could win..." Garnet said. Sally frowned and looked to Jasper. Jasper was holding her hand out for Sally to take.

"Please, no, Sally!" Pearl yelled. She had fallen to her knees. Steven was crying as well.

Sally breathed in. She took her hand. Jasper smiled and twirled her around, synchronizing. As she dipped her, their gems glowed. A very tall fusion, taller than Alexandrite, began to form. She cackled as the light disappeared and her form had completed.

"Now we can defeat them!" She laughed. But she suddenly felt something rap around her feet. "No! We're not going to fight them!" Sand climbed up her and hardened into a thick, strong glass. It trapped her legs. Then giant hands made out of Sally's stuff that make her walls grabbed her and dragged her into the ocean. "I fused with you to keep you prisoner! You will never hurt them! Even if they lie to me, they're only protecting me! They're my family and I love them! You will never hurt them!" She said pulling herself into the ocean.

The gems stood, staring at the ocean.

"We're going to go after them later, right?" Amethyst asked.

"We can't just leave Sally to fight Jasper in that terrifying fusion. We have to separate them." Garnet said. "But first, we need to rest." She said patting the tired Steven's head.