Losing It

Enjoy dis joke. Also try to enjoy dis chapter.

Garnet charged at Sally, her gauntlets summoned. Sally grabbed her arm, her mind racing to keep up with her actions. She chucked Garnet into the air with great force.

"I never did." She said, still watching for Garnet.

Garnet came down to the ground with extreme speed, her fists pointed directly to Sally. Sally threw her arms out and summoned her orange wall. Garnet landed on top of it. She laughed a little.

"You're getting pretty strong. Maybe one of your fusions can beat Sphalerite now." She said landing on the ground as the wall disappeared.

"We still have to try to keep this from Steven." Pearl said walking up.

"I don't see why he can't help." Amethyst said shrugging.

"He's too weak!" Pearl said placing her hands on her hips. "We just need to make sure his little human friend keeps him distracted."

"We still need to decide who I will fuse with, too." Sally said.

"You'll fuse with me." Garnet said. She placed a hand on her shoulder. "We're so far the two strongest gems. Our fusion should be powerful enough."

"And what if it isn't?!" Pearl asked.

"It will be." Garnet said. "Now let's keep practicing."

* * *

Steven looked out his window, watching the gems practice for something. He didn't know. Maybe she was just trying to control her powers.

"Your family is pretty cool." His friend, Connie, said.

"Yeah, they're out training." He said.

"For what?" She asked.

"Magic stuff, I guess. They've been training with her for a couple days. Ever since Bronzite unfused, they've been distracted by something. Pearl won't even come inside to clean the house anymore." Steven said looking around the dirty temple.

"Have you asked why?" She questioned.

"No, I haven't been able to. They've been busy doing missions or training." Steven sighed.

"C'mon, let's go ask them!" She said grabbing his arm and running down the stairs.

"I-I don't think they'll listen!" He said, trying to keep up.

Pearl and Sally were taking a turn fighting each other when they got down the steps. The two children walked and and questioned Amethyst what was going on.

"What are you guys training for?" Connie asked. Amethyst looked up to Garnet. She shook her head.

"M-Missions." She stuttered, then left to take a turn with Sally.

"Can we try?" Connie asked pulling Steven's sword out from behind where she keeps it.

"U-Um... It might be a tad bit too dangerous for you." Pearl said watching Amethyst get punched in the stomach multiple times then Sally jumped up and kicked Amethyst in the head, pushing her into the ground.

"We can take her! If we do it together!" Connie said. Steven nodded.

"Er... I guess... As long as Garnet is okay with it..." Pearl said turning to her. Garnet shrugged.

"Yes!" Connie laughed pulling Steven into their position in front of Sally.

Sally looked at her next opponents and gasped.

"I have to take on little kids?" She turned to the gems. They nodded. She sighed. "I'll go as easy as possible, but this stuff just happens."

"We can take you!" Connie said.

"Probably not." Garnet said. Connie frowned.

"Ready?" Sally asked.

"I was born ready!" Connie yelled, acting confident. Sally shrugged and charged. Connie slashed at her, but Sally created a wall. Steven jumped up into the air, using his newly discovered floating powers to float over the wall.

Sally smiled, losing herself without even knowing it. She jumped extremely high into the air and fell back down, kicking Steven into the ground just like she did with Amethyst, only this time, with more force.

She turned to Connie after landing perfectly on the ground. She kicked the sword out of her hands and tackled her.

Before doing anymore damage, her name was called.

"Sally!" Garnet yelled, prying her off of Connie. She shook her head and looked around. Her kicking Steven had created a large crater that was super heated and turned to glass. Connie had scratches on her, but she was mainly fine.

Sally grabbed her head and stood up straight.

"I-I'm so sorry..." She mumbled. "I-I lost control..."

"It's fine. You didn't realize." Garnet said.

"Steven, Connie, I'm sorry..." She said helping them up. The children hesitated before taking her hand.

"Why did you do that? You could've killed us..." Steven said. Sally sighed, ready to tell the truth when Garnet intervened.

"S-She can get carried away..." She said. "Why don't you two head inside and clean up?" The two nodded and left after grabbing their things.

Sally sighed and turned to them.

"I'm losing it." She said laughing sadly.

"No, you're not. You just... Got carried away like Garnet said." Pearl said smiling grabbing her shoulders.

"But I felt her. I knew she was there, yet I didn't stop. It was like I couldn't. She's winning..." Sally said.

"No, she's not." Pearl said, her smile disappearing. It was killing her to see her like this, upset that she couldn't even protect herself.

"Yes, she is! You saw her! You just won't admit that I'm weak and I can't do anything right! Why can't you just bubble me and be over with it?!" She shouted pulling her hair. The gems frowned upon this statement.

"Sally, we're not poof--" Pearl was interrupted. Sally had slapped her across the face. She frowned.

"WHY WON'T YOU LET ME JUST DO THIS FOR YOU?!" Sally yelled through sobs. Pearl gasped. It was like Deja Vu. Sally would be lost. Just like Rose.

Sally turned and ran off, leaving the gems speechless. Pearl breathed in and turned to the other two.

"We will lose." She said, her eyes glassy.