11. Falling

"So this is it.." I opened up my house door, motioning for Harry to enter.

He timidly walked through, looking around at my small home.

"It's not much." I shrugged. "But it does the trick."

"It's perfect." He whispered, examining my simple furnishings.

I helped him onto the couch, setting up the tv for him.

"Turn on whatever you want." I said before entering my kitchen.

I came back with a glass of water and an ice pack.

I slowly sat beside him, placing the ice pack to his swollen black eye.

"Ouch." Harry winced at the cold.

"I'm sorry.." I lessened my grip. "Did I hurt you?"

"No." Harry looked down at his lap. "It just stings a little."

"I can only imagine." I gripped the water in my hand. "Here.. take a sip."

Harry clasped the cup in his hand, taking a shaky sip.

"There you go." I set the cup down for him. "I'm so sorry this happened to you, Harry."

"I'm just sad I lost everything you gave me." He whimpered. "They meant so much to me."

"We can always get you more stuff." I continued holding the ice pack to his eye. "I'm just glad you're alright. Did anything else happen before I got there?"

Harry started to get choked up. "I-I was laying on the bench, trying to sleep. When one of the thugs grabbed me and threw me on the ground. They took everything I had and dragged me behind a tree. They started demanding I give them money. I told them I didn't have any.. but they didn't believe me. They just kept hitting me. I-It hurt so bad.. I didn't know what to do.. I was so scared."

He began to cry again.

"If you didn't show up." He sniffled. "I-I don't know what they would have done to me."

I grew angrier with each word he spoke, causing my own eyes to tear up.

"I'm so thankful for you, Louis." Harry said with sincerity in his voice. "I don't know how I could ever repay you for the things you've done for me this week. I owe you my life."

"You don't owe me anything." I lowered my arm, getting a better look at his face. "Just seeing you smile was reward enough for me."

Harry nodded, wiping away the tears from his swollen eyes.

"Come here.." I pulled him close to my heart, allowing him to lay his head on my chest.

"Are you hungry?" I asked him.

"I'm okay, thank you." He muttered. "I could really use a shower though."

"Of course." I slowly stood up, walking toward my bathroom. "Hold on."

I grabbed a towel and a fresh change of pajamas for him, laying them beside the shower.

I turned on the water for him, giving it enough time for the water to heat up.

"Harry?" I approached the living room.

"Yeah?" He turned his head.

"I have everything set-up for you whenever you're ready." I walked over to him, offering a hand.