20. Love

He paused, wiping his face. "What.."

"I said.." I sat up, grabbing his hand covered in food. "I think I love you."

He shook his head in awe. "I-"

"Wait.." I looked deeply into his eyes as I spoke. "I don't think. I know."

He looked shocked but also overwhelmed with happiness as his eyes brimmed with tears. "Y-You love me?"

I nodded. "Yeah."

"Me?" He pointed to himself. "The homeless boy who slept alone every night on a park bench less than a week ago?"

"Yup." I kept nodding.

"The broken boy who shivered every night by himself, wishing desperately for someone to hold him." He bit his lip, fighting back the tears. "The one who stood in the beaming sun for hours, praying for some kind of miracle?"

I started getting choked up. "Yeah."

"You love.." His voice trembled. "Me?"

"Yes." I scooted closer to him. "I love you."

Harry couldn't believe the words being spoken to him. He couldn't believe the beautiful home he was in. He couldn't believe the amazing clothes he had been given. He couldn't believe the amazing man that had been brought into his life. He couldn't believe that less than a week ago, he had nothing.

And now..

He had everything.

I interrupted his thoughts, wiping his cheek. "What's going on in that beautiful mind?"

He looked down at the floor and then back at me. "I know I love you too."