Clark Kent - I could guess

You burst through your door, hearing it slam shut, running as fast as you could because you were late for work. Again. You were running through the streets of Metropolis as you wonder how it was possible for you to sleep through your alarm two days in a row. Thankfully, yesterday Clark had managed to cover for you before you arrived. You hoped and hoped that he would cover for you until you managed to get there.

You noticed the Daily Planet starting to come into view. Taking a deep breath and mustering all the strength you could you pushed your legs to go faster, sprinting the last few yards as you reached the entrance to the Daily Planet.

You quickly made your way to the elevator pushing the call button madly urging for the elevator to come faster. When you finally heard the slight ding notifying that the elevator had reached you, pushed the button for your floor. You checked your cell phone and noticed you had come in slightly earlier than when you came in late yesterday.

You felt the elevator stop and heard the doors open just as you were putting your phone back into your purse. You stepped out of the elevator trying to make it to your desk before anyone noticed you were late.

Just as you were about to sit down at your desk you heard someone clear their throat. You inwardly cringed as you turned around to see Clark standing there with an amused look on his face. 

"What happened this time?" he asked as you set your purse down and slid into your chair.

"I slept in. Again." you groaned.

Clark just chuckled as he looked back down at you, "I thought so. Don't worry I told Perry that you were just stuck in traffic."

"Thank you so much, Clark, I don't know what I would do without you," you said giving him a huge smile. 

You saw his blue eyes twinkle behind his thick-rimmed glasses, "It's no big deal (Y/N), just trying to help someone out."

Clark turned and walked away to his own desk where he returned to his work before he came to see why you were late. You smiled as he walked away, wishing there were more people in the world like him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You leaned back in your chair letting out a sigh. There was not much going on in the world today, meaning there was not much work to be done. You slicked both of your hands over your head, trying to will for something interesting to happen.

Just as that thought went through your head the building shook with a loud boom. Instantly panic was everywhere. You rushed to a window to see what had caused the loud sound. 

Outside there was a gigantic evil looking teddy bear wreaking havoc on the streets. Almost immediately, you had grabbed your camera and rushed outside knowing that this could be the story of the week.

Not having time to wait for the elevator, you tore down the stairs. Once you had reached outside you tried not to have yourself seen and take pictures from hidden spots. You cursed once you realized that you couldn't get any good angels for a photo.

Somehow hearing your cursing the gigantic teddy bear turned towards you and started walked over to you. Once you had looked up and saw the bear coming towards you, you cursed then started running as fast as your legs could carry you.

The bear was closing in on you and with one swoop, it had reached you and lifted you off the ground. You screamed as loud as humanly possible hoping that someone would help you.

You looked around to see if anyone was coming, and you spotted none other than Superman, flying towards you and the giant bear. When you caught sight of him you felt a wave of relief fall over you, knowing he wouldn't allow you to get hurt.

It wasn't until you felt the bear starting to fall, bringing you down with it. Right before you could hit the ground, you felt a strong pair of arms wrap around you and pull you out of the way.

Superman slowly flew you safely to the top of some building. You looked up to see his face, and you were completely shocked to see a very familiar face meet yours.

Not wanting to believe it but just wanting to test your theory, you looked into Superman's eyes and whispered, "C-Clark?"

He looked back at you with a shocked expression on his face and stuttered, "H-how did you know?" 

You only looked back at him as if he had said the dumbest thing in the world, "Really? You literally only hide your secret identity by wearing glasses. I'm surprised no one else has figured it out yet."

He looked at you dumbfounded until he burst out laughing. Once he has partially gained his control back you asked him, "What's so funny?"

Clark smiled down at you, "I had imagined revealing my secret identity to you in many different ways, but how it just went down is by far the best scenario I could possibly imagine."

You looked deeply into his beautiful blue eyes, as he looked back into you bright (E/C) ones, "I just can't believe you didn't tell me sooner. I know you probably just wanted to protect me but I jus- Mfh!"

You were cut off by Clark smashing his lips against yours. At first, you hesitated, but then you melted into the kiss. After the both of you needed to come apart for air you rested you foreheads against each other.

"You don't know how long I have been wanting to do that," Clark whispered. You smiled and pulled him back in for another kiss.

"I think I could guess."