Barry Allen - Dysfunctional

It was raining. You leaned against a tree and watched the group of people crowded around each other, everyone wearing black. A few of them had umbrellas, while the rest of them were left to get soaked. You heard the mention of your name, and people looked around awkwardly as if they were looking for you. But you didn't dare move from your spot. You didn't know someone was next to you until you heard someone clear their throat.

You whipped your head around, mentally cursing yourself for being found. That is, until you saw who it was that had found you. You looked up to see Barry standing there in a suit and tie, looking handsome without even trying. Your cheeks immediately warmed up at the sight of him.

"Hey Y/N, how you holding up?" he looked at you with concern and sympathy. You looked away, back at the gathering of people morning the death of someone.

It was your mother that had died. She was found dead in her room two weeks ago. Everyone had suspected she died from natural causes, but you had your doubts. It was a known fact that your mother had many, many enemies and that many people would pay good money to have her head.

"That woman has been haunting me for my entire life. It's about time that old hag died," You said this with no emotion, and Barry was startled at this new coldness in your voice.

It was true. Your family was quite dysfunctional. Your mother was not the ideal type. You didn't know your father, it was often said that he left your mother, or that he was kidnapped and killed. While in public, it looked as if you and your mother had the perfect life. You two were always at events together, fake smiles plastered on your faces. You hated your mother so much, you kinda wished that you could've killed her when you had the chance.

But now she was dead. You no longer had to deal with her screaming at you about how much of a disappointment you were. To make matters worse, your mother was an alcoholic. She often came home drunk out of her mind, and you hated her for it. You had tried several times to run away, but she always somehow caught you. But now you don't have to run. You can finally live your life without ever having to hear your mother's voice again.

You looked at the group of people who seemed to be crying, mourning the loss of your mother. You felt nothing for the woman who had made your life a living hell as you watched them lower her coffin into the ground. You smiled to yourself at the thought of what you were going to do with all of her prized possessions that now belong to you.

"What might you be smiling about?" Barry asked with a playful hint in his voice.

You turned to face him now, with a large grin on your face, "I can burn all of her stuff."

Barry chuckled lightly at the thought of you burning all your mother's things. Barry already knew beforehand that you hated your mother, but expected some kind of sadness to befall you after her death. It was your mother.

Barry pulled you into a side hug, and you rested your head on his shoulder. "I really hated that bitch," you sighed.

Barry chuckled and shook his head at his adorably strange girlfriend.

"Come on, let's go get some ice cream."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Hi! How's it going? Sorry for my absence I was struggling to get through finals. School ends next week for me! YAYYYYY!!! And thank you all soooo much for 300 reads! I love you all! I do take requests so keep that in mind (only saying this because I'm low on ideas). Thank you for reading! BYYYYYYYYEEEEEE!!!!!!!!