Jason Todd - Never Again

(F/L) = first letter of your name

(F/C) = favorite color

(H/L) = hair length

(H/C) = hair color

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You stood on top of a building in Gotham. Your mask clung to your face as you looked around for any crime being committed. Your (H/L) (H/C) whipping behind you in the wind with its one streak of (F/C). 

You heard a scream coming from somewhere below you. You got up and started running towards where you heard the scream. You jumped down from a rooftop only to see a burly man trying to steal a woman's purse. Silently and swiftly you jumped down and kicked the man from behind, telling the woman to run.

The man got back up, swinging for your face and you dodged and landed a blow to his stomach. He stumbled backward, and then you ran towards him tackled him to the ground, and started punching his face repeatedly until he was unconscious and bloody. Standing up you wiped the blood off your hands and onto your pants. You gave his unconscious body one last look before you grappled away. 

You found a ledge and sat on it just staring at nothing. You took in a shaky breath before letting your tears fall. It had been five years and you still couldn't get over him. 

Jason. The one person you could light up your whole world with one look. The one person you let yourself be vulnerable with. No one else has seen you cry except for Jason. He was your first love. Until he was murdered by the Joker.

Still crying, you sat on the ledge thinking about all the times Jason had made you smile. All of the laughs you two had shared. You wanted nothing more in the world than to see him again, no matter what the cost.

You froze when you heard a thump coming from behind you. Quickly, you grabbed your gun and pointed it at the figure that had landed behind you. The figure slowly stood up, facing you. You clicked the safety off when the figure started walking towards you.

The figure was wearing a red helmet, an armored shirt with a red bat on it. All while donning a tan leather jacket. You glared at the figure still pointing your gun at him.

The figure held up both their hands and continued to walk towards you. "I don't want to hurt you."

That voice. That voice sounded so familiar you stumbled back in surprise. You quickly brushed it off as nothing and regained your composure. "Who are you?" you said your finger itching to pull the trigger.

You tensed as the figure went to remove their helmet, you froze in shock. You threw the gun to the side and clutched your sides slowly coming to the ground. "N-no this has to be some sick joke," you stammered.

"(Y/N), it really is me," the figure said coming closer to you. You tried to move away from him but he was moving to fast. He had grabbed your shoulders and was looking you in the eyes.

Still not believing, you shook your head, "If it really is you then tell me something that he would know." 

The figure looked at you and said, "Well for starters, only I would know that you have a J tattoed onto your left wrist." He said while pulling your sleeve down showing your tattoo. 

"And," he continued, "I have a tattoo on my right wrist with an (F/L) on it." He said and sure enough there as an (F/L) right where he said it was.

Your eyes widened as you put your hands over your mouth as tears started pouring out of your eyes. You tackled Jason in a hug, crying into his shoulder. 

"I missed you so much," you sobbed as Jason hugged you back tighter, never wanting to let go.

"Without you, I felt lost. I couldn't do much of anything. I felt like there was nothing else in the world for me to live for. But then the thought of you telling me to get back up kept me going. I can't stand to lose you again, please don't ever leave me, not again." You sobbed as you looked into the eyes you missed so much.

Jason looked at you with a small smile on his face, "Never again."

Jason pulled you in for a long kiss, and you both seemed to forget the world as you both had the love of your life back.