Chapter Three: Psycics and Dogs and Winged Horses, Oh my!

Nico POV

That night as I'm lying on my bed, my mind starts to wander. Wondering about how things were at camp (probably not that different, as I had left yesterday), about what those things were that attacked Harry and I, and about the new professor. I wonder what his classes will be like?

I sigh and roll over. This was boring. The only sound in the room is the other boys' breathing. Over these few years, I hadn't got to know them at all. I didn't want to. I didn't want befriend anyone, but alas. Those three children had found me and had clung to me like glue. I roll to the side of my bed and slide off, opting to wander the halls instead. Classes will be starting tomorrow and I want become reacquainted with the halls, as to not get lost.

I slip on my shoes and stretch. I walk around the halls for a few hours before running into Mrs. Norris, Filches cat. She glares at me and I glare back, we hold the little staring contest for a few minutes before I hiss at her, making her trot off. By now, I'm able to head to the great hall and be considered and immensely early riser. I sit down at the Slytherin table, one of three students in all of Hogwarts up this early. I rest my head on the table and shut my eyes which are stinging from lack of sleep.

I must have fallen asleep at some point, since natural light was now streaming from the ceiling, and I was being flicked in the face by Malfoy.

"Rise and shine, sleeping beauty." He smirks wryly. His two bodyguards laugh stupidly.
I glare at him, and he shudders as he turns away to sit down. I sigh, plucking an apple from a bowl on the table and taking a bite, blinking the sleep out of my eyes.

I grab a second apple, placing it in my ceramic bowl and discretely setting fire to it under the table. During breakfast, Professor McGonagall walks around, handing time table to the students. I have charms with the Ravenclaws first. I scowl. Oh well.

Ö

Charms pass as I expect. Swish here, jab there, smarty pants comment from a blue wearing student a bit to the left, and one swoosh. Next thing I know, I'm heading down to the forest for care of magical creatures. I'm a tad curious about this class, as we haven't had it before, and most animals tended to avoid me.

As we reach the forest after an exhausting walk (mostly because of Malfoy's taunts.), I look around. A crowd of Gryffindors await us, including the golden trio. They beckon me over and I stand with them, making awkward chatter until Hagrid calls for our attention. He introduces us to a winged horse. I shudder at how much it reminds me of those skeletal horses that were pulling the carriages.

"Now, who'd like ta ride 'im? Any volunteers?"

The whole class steps back, except for Harry and I. Luckily for me, Hermione noticed and dragged me back with everyone else. I look around and even see people crouching down on the ground. I glance at my arms, which Hermione is still holding. I look to her and raise an eyebrow questioningly. "Um?"

"What?"

"You can let go now."

"Oh, sorry." She lets go, her face red. It's not even that warm out. Maybe she lives in a... really cold part of England. I scoff and cross my arms, turning attention back to whats happening in front of me.

Hagrid is placing Harry onto the Buckbeak creature. My stomach does a flip of nervousness as it takes off flying. Even when it's not me in the air, it still feels weird seeing someone in Zeus's territory. When he lands, almost everyone is in awe.

By almost everyone, I mean the Gryffindors. Malfoy shoves his way to the front of his pack of Slytherins, ranting about how he's not dangerous at all. I smirk, excited to see how this will end. He marches towards Buckbeak, taunting the hyppogriff as he does. Hagrid looks horrified.

Buckbeak rears up and kicks Malfoy, who's screaming along with the rest of the students. It knocks Malfoy to the ground before Hagrid manages to calm it down. I'm trying my best not to laugh. Hermione rushes forward, for some reason telling Hagrid about sending him to the hospital. Let him suffer.

I snicker as Hagrid walks off carrying the git. Walking back to the castle for lunch , I can't stop it anymore and burst out laughing, startling the trio and all other nearby students. A few minutes later, I manage to stop, catching my breath. The trio looks concerned.

"You okay mate?" Ron asks.

"Ahhh. Yeah, yeah. Never better."

I keep walking to the castle, the freaked out trio following behind me.

I'M SO SORRY!

I know you guys have waited forever for this. I've just had a billion things happening right now. I know I haven't updated that much but please! Refrain from yelling at me to update. It makes me more stressed which makes it harder to write, like one of those old computers where clicking slows it down. I do have my own life outside of this. Anyways, thank you for liking this story, and I hope to update more often now that things are pretty much back to normal.

Love you Matchsticks!

Love,
Sammy