Chapter Ten: An Execution

Nico doodle looking like he's about to pass out.

Thanks to the ahem, 'incident' a few days ago, Malfoy hasn't spoken to me in a while. I'm walking along a grassy area by the side of the castle.

I'm lost.

Not that I'll ever admit it, but still. I have no idea where I am. I could just shadow travel somewhere, but there's no way of knowing that no one would be there. Also, since the war, a single shadow travel would drain me so I could barely move. As I walk, I hear voices. Angry voices. I peek around the corner just in time to see Hermione swing around and punch Malfoy. Hard. I try to hold back a laugh.

As much as we were a little awkward right now, that girl was impressive. I come out from around the corner, clapping. "That was amazing!"

Hermione nods at me. "That felt good."

"Not good. Brilliant." Ron looks awestruck.

The trio (along with me being ushered along) shamble down the hill to Hagrid's hut. Hagrid hands Ron a rat, which I remember to be his pet. Ron looks overjoyed, and Hermione looks like she was about to punch another person.

Suddenly, a vase smashes, seemingly out of nowhere. Hermione examines it and I look out the window, ducking as another rock flies through, flying over me and hitting Harry in the back of the head.

"Ow!" He turns around. "Hagrid..."

We look out the window, seeing Dumbledore, some other guy, and someone who looks like a midevil executioner walking towards the hut.

"It's nearly dark. You shouldn't be here." Hagrid looks panicked. "Someone sees you outside the castle this time o' night you'll be in trouble. Big trouble, particularly you Harry." We rush into the other room but Harry stops and turns. I put a hand on his shoulder, trying to get him to move.

"Hagrid. It'll be fine. It'll be okay."

"Go on." Hagrid whispers. Harry doesn't look like he wants to go. There's no more time to waste so I wrap my arms around his stomach and pick him up, spinning so he's in front of me, facing the door. I give him a shove. He manages to make it out the door just as the adults enter.

No time for me.

I make sure the door is closed before sliding into the corner and disappearing into the shadows. I reappear nearby in the forest. I collapse to the ground. I look at my hands. Getting slightly wispy on the edges. I have to get out of the shadows. Up ahead I can see the trio hiding behind some giant pumpkins.

"Where's Nico?" Ron whispers to Harry.

"I don't know."

"I'm right here." I stumble out of the trees, startling them. My knees give out, pitching me forward. I'm caught by Ron and Harry. They lower me down to the ground.

"You okay mate?" Ron asks me. I nod, blinking the darkness out of my vision. The slight sun was helping, but I knew we couldn't stay here. We rush up the hill, me being supported by Harry as we go. Buckbeak make a noise, as if crying out to us.

We reach the top of the hill, where Hermione punched Malfoy, looking put at Hagrid's hut. Nobody speaks. The executioner raises his axe. I just stare as he swings down. Hermione starts to cry into Ron's chest, and Harry hugs her from behind. I just stare, not saying anything. I know it was an animal death, but something didn't feel right about it.

I turn away.

Sorry for the horribly long wait. I finally found something to reference.

The art is a doodle I did in religion class.

Love,
Sammy