Prologue

Prologue: Ragini's Point Of View

I'm finally in college, ready to proceed ahead with my life. It had been a though phase for me but I had to pass through it.

"Hey Ragini, come let's go. We need to find our way to our classes." My friend Navya yelled, grabbing my attention.

I simply smiled and nodded, following her.

"Miss Dingdong!" I hear him shout and look to the side while walking.

He smiled at me with a wave but I glanced away, increasing my speed.

He had been new to my school, joined in grade 10. We had one class together which was maths. He would always yap to me, I barely replied but he was funny, I have to admit, he used to make me laugh. He even told me that I sing well because I have a very nice voice, he offered his hand for friendship but I had told him I needed time and he agreed but that didn't change anything in Maths, he still used to ask me for answers, talk to me, annoy me and. . . Make me feel happier.

Everything changed after the holidays and the start of grade 11. I was no longer talking to him, I was no longer giving him attention, I was no longer looking at him or giving him sings to come close to me. I had clearly shown that I did not want to keep contact with him, I pushed him off but he never gave up, he still talked to me and all I do is just walk away. I have nothing to say, he still waits for his response about being friends but I. . . Ignore him. His name is. . . Lakshya.

I would love to be his friend but I can't, Daadimaa wouldn't like it, she would absolutely misunderstand our friendship and the outcome would be worst. She would maybe get my alliance fixed, I'm already 18 and it is a legal age for me to get married, I wouldn't be able to do anything because she would have it done her way.

He calls me Dingdong because I never reply, you get it? You know, when you ring the bell, someone answers don't they, but it's different with me, each time he rings the bell, he wouldn't get a reply. I'm helpless.

Staying away from him is the best, for me and him. He deserves better friendship than mine.

"What happened?" Navya asks and I shook my head with a small smile, indicating nothing.

"Found room 6O8." Navya sighs, stopping in front of it and staring at me. I know she's waiting for an answer but I can't give it.

I looked away and walked inside the classroom, ready to start the lesson.

End.

The prologue is finished, done as I promised.

The rest of this story would be in my point of view, which is 3rd person.

Upcoming: Shot 1 ~ Baarish

Please vote and comment if you liked this prologue ♥️.