Realization = Heartbreak

Chapter Seven: Realizations.

(Diggy)

I sat down on the couch and put my head into my hands.

"SHIT!!!" I blurted out loud, a little too loud and startled my incoming father. He walked over to me and sat down.

"Now you know damn well that language is not appropriate in the house." He said

"I know Dad, but... it's just that I fu- messed up big time."

"What happened?"

"Accusations... towards Nailyn." He looked at me and shook his head.

"She cheated on you didn't she?" Arr?

"We never were a couple..."

"So you're still with that Issabella chick?"

"Yeah."

"Hmmm..." he said as he got up. I followed.

"Hmmm what?"

"You learn your lesson yet?" he said as he took water out of the fridge. I was confused...

"What you mean 'lesson?' What lesson was supposed to be learned?" He deeply sighed and directed me to the chair.

" Daniel... you don't see it do you. Nailyn has been up and through this house, by your side, your best friend for how many years? Five or six. She's been with you through a whole lot. Everyone but YOU saw that she was head over heels for you, but maybe wanted to stay a friend so things won't get weird between you two. Now Issabella... I don't like her. She's rude to your mother, she dresses like she's in the video for "Big Booty Bitches" and she's fast! I mean, no one has the room to judge but the one above, however, I think that you should look over who you think you love and dislike...because your future is looking REALLY bright, especially with the release of UA coming up. You're gonna need that support more than ever." I sat there, and looked at the wise man that was my father and wondered was he right. Of course he was right. I didn't even put 2 & 2 together before I cussed out Lynn...

"Dad...one more thing." I said before he got up to go upstairs.

"Sure what is it?"

"What if you're deeply in love with her... and you were just too scared to say so..."

"Then you go and get her." And with that, he went up to his room. I got up and went up to my room... I guess I have to wait...

*A month passes by...

then two...

And now it's Senior year and it's been 4 months since Nailyn and Diggy have talked to each other. Four months and Diggy has tried and tried to talk to Nae, but she's not having it. She's still somewhat in love with Diggy & just wants to kiss him every chance she gets, but she never lets go of a grudge easily... and that's when Diggy's luck starts to run out...*

(September 6th, 2012)

"Nailyn!!!! Wait up!" I keep walking faster, trying to catch up to her. She walks even faster. I stop and sigh deeply. She stops as she turns a corner to the parking lot and waits by the door.

"Finally."

"What do you want Danny?"

"Danny? When did this start? I always thought it was 'Daniel'..."

"What do you want...Dwayne?" I heard the venom that she put into the name. She was pissed just by the sight of me... I gulped down all my emotions and blurted out.

"I was wrong. I was hella wrong for yelling at you. I was too stupid to not put two and two together that I didn't realize that I lost my best friend...the one that's been there for me since the beginning of our double digits. Everything in your diary was nothing but flattering. Reason: because I love you. I love you Nailyn Sierra Perez and I should have said this years ago when we first met but I didn't think that you liked me back. I loved you since that day you laughed at Russy for breaking his Game Boy again. Since we sat there and ate my parents out of house and home. Since I saw you hold Miley for the first time... everything. You've been with me since the beginning...and I can't believe that I never realized this any sooner. Izzy may be highly attractive, but you are the most beautiful diamond in the rough. You are my 4 letter word...and I can't imagine my life without you."

She looked at me with the softest most sincere look, as if she had been waiting for me to say that. She ran up to me and gave me a long lasting hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"I love you best friend. But I'm just not IN love with you anymore..."

"What..."

"I had been waiting YEARS to hear you say that...but it never came. You chose a strag over a must have. We'll always be friends...but I don't know about a lover." She let go of my hand and walked over to a tall, chocolate skinned dude with dreads. She kissed him oh-so passionately and it broke my heart. I had lost my chance...