Chapter 13

Words: 1769 

Niall's PoV.

"Will someone please tell me what's going on?" I shout a little, making all three of the lads jump. Louis pulls away from the hug and takes a few steps back before sighing.

"Someone was attacked close by. They were taken into the hospital. The description was a blond male in his early twenties or late teens, with blue eyes. I freaked out, ok? I thought it might have been you that was hurt.." Louis points to the TV where the news is playing a report on the poor lad that was hurt.

"Well, here I am, I'm ok, I'm fine." I smile at Louis bringing him into a small hug, motioning for Liam and Harry to join in with me. "But why didn't you just call me?"

"I don't know where my phone is, and i forget the order of the last 4 digits in your number. Plus, Liam and Harry don't have your number." Louis says, his voice slightly muffled from all of us being squished together.

"Lou, i think it's in your pocket, you butt dialed me, and we put our number on the fridge encase one of us ever forgot it. Li, Haz, you can go copy mine down later." I chuckle when we part from the hug and Louis pulls his phone out of his back pocket.

"Anyway, what were you doing out so late?" Harry asks, all of us sitting down. I look at the time and see it's only 10.

"It's only 10!" I say in defense, smiling to let them know I'm only joking. "On a Friday!"

"There's nothing wrong with that, and I don't want to seem like an ass whole that needs to know your every move, but you didn't let me know you'd be gone." Louis' tiny rant makes me smile. He looks at me blankly before chuckling.

"I didn't think I'd be out this late." I scratch the back of my neck. "We lost track of time i guess."

"We?" Liam quirks an eyebrow sounding very interested.

"He's just a friend!" I laugh, putting my hands up as if it'll put a stop to their banter. No offense to Ashton, but the thought of being anything more than friends with him is just... doesn't sit well with me. He's my friend, nothing more nothing less.

"He?" Louis asks, raising an eyebrow at me. I can see him hiding something in his eyes...almost like it's... jealousy? No... that can't be right. "Who is he?"

I see Liam and Harry share a glance with each other before i reply. 

"I met him in class a while ago. He's the one that I had over when you were out" I shrug making sure they know it's no big deal. Ashton is  just a friend. 

"The one you fucked?" Louis almost shout, eyes wide and filled with some stupid emotion that i can't quite pin point. 

"No! We didn't do anything. We just watched a movie. I don't like him that way." I chuckle before I wink at Louis in a playful manner, "Don't worry, you're still my favorite."

"I still want to meet him." Louis says, almost in a defensive way. 

"You'll meet him when Allie comes here." I say shrugging.

"Oh yeah, when is she going to be here Irish?" Louis asks turning to me with an adorable smile.

"1 week from today!" I shout out gleefully, falling back on the couch as i laugh, too excited to think straight.

/------------------------------------\
6 Days Later, Thrs. Oct. 19th
\------------------------------------/

"I hope that's ok..."

"Of course it is Allie!" I reassure her as I walk down the university halls.

"Ok, I'll see you in about 5 minutes." I say goodbye to Allie.