Chapter 1 - Jump Buddies

"I knew it..."

Ever since I heard that Aoba Johsai lost, I knew that we were bound to lose. And we just did. Shiratorizawa Academy has fallen to Karasuno High School.

"Eehhh? Seriously?" my cousin reacted.

"They had it coming," I told him.

"What?! Wait, whose side are you on anyway?"

"Karasuno."

"You traitor!" he remarked.

I'd be lying if I said that I wasn't hoping that our team would win but my instincts already told me who would take the trophy.

He just sighed and said, "Well... Guess it can't be helped. This year's just not for Shiratorizawa."

"Yeah... It isn't..." I responded as I watched the familiar back of a certain player more slouched than usual.

It was getting late but me and my cousin just got out of the convenience store.

"Yes! It's finally here!" the world was so bright as I held the latest edition of Shounen Jump up high.

"Yeah, yeah. It's finally here," he deadpanned.

"Woah! The latest edition is already out? Let me see, let me see!" a familiar voice caught our attention as he ran towards me to look at the Shounen Jump that I was holding. "Hmm... This week's cover is pretty nice," he said as I froze while the Shounen Jump was at his eye level.

"He's so tall!" I mentally screamed as it was the first time that he was standing right in front of me. "Ah... Eh..." I started to speak.

"Sorry about that. I was just excited," he said as he took a step back and I put my arms down. "Oh? You look familiar."

"L/n f/n. We're in the same class, Tendou Satori-san," I told him.

"Ah! F/n-chan! No need to be so formal. You can call me by my first name too," his face was beaming but it stopped when he realized that I wasn't alone. "Your boyfriend?" he asked.

"I'm c/n. A year younger. F/n's cousin," he answered.

"Oh, thank goodness. I thought I was a third wheel for a second there," Tendou--- I mean Satori was relieved. "Anyway, I should get going. Gotta buy that edition before they ran out."

"Okay. See you later, Satori," I said.

He happily nodded. "See you, f/n-chan! C/n!" he waved as he ran towards the convenience store.

"Well, well. Looks like you finally made a new friend," c/n teased me.

"Shut up. He's also your new friend," I told him as we continue to walk to the dormitory.

The next day, I found myself flustered. My mind was all over the place as I take on order after order and give the customer's change at the same time. Thankfully, the rush hour at the fast food chain where I worked has ended and there were only two more customers left to be entertained.

"Oi, oi. The change you gave is lacking," a customer complained. He insisted that I mistook his bill to be a bill of lower amount.

"Was it? Did I mistook it? Was I really tired to make such a mistake?" I asked myself as I started to get the customer's additional change.

"I won't give him what he wants if I were you," I suddenly heard a familiar voice.

I looked up to see that the person standing in line behind the complaining customer was the redheaded middle blocker.

"Satori..." I was surprised to see him here.

"Yo! F/n-chan!" he greeted me.

"Hey! What are you saying, huh? Are you telling me that I'm lying? That I'm tricking her to give me some extra money? Is that it?!" the customer was mad at Satori.

"Hey, those words came out from your own mouth, mister," Satori raised his hands in defense. "Besides, if you want to clean yourself that badly, why don't we just go and take a look at the CCTV record now, shall we?" the change in his demeanor was significant. It was more on the dark side. The redhead was clearly sardonic towards the customer.

As the customer looked at the dark red eyes of the middle blocker, trying to speak up while his knuckles were turning white, the intimidating redhead made me gulp.

"M-Monster!" the customer reacted. He was scared and hurriedly took his leave.

Before I could even try to stop him, Satori told me, "Let him be."

"But----------"

"You would've gotten into trouble because of that guy."

Because of that, I realized that the customer really did just tricked me into giving him additional change.

"That asshole..." I uttered.

"Now, now. It's over. His plan ended in an epic fail," the cheerful voice was back in action.

"Thank you, Satori. Without you, I would've----------"

"No need to thank me, f/n-chan."

"But he called you a monster."

"Well, I am the Guess Monster, Tendou Satori!" he was proud of his title. "Besides, we're jump buddies, aren't we?"

"Jump buddies?"

He happily nodded. "We both like reading Shounen Jump, right? That makes us jump buddies!"

"Y-Yeah..." I was taken aback by his overwhelming enthusiasm.

"You know, I've been looking everywhere for you, f/n," those words made my heart skip a beat. I was pretty sure he meant the jump buddy thing but still...

"Huh? You're face is getting red, f/n-chan. Are you alright?" he asked.

"I-I'm fine. It's j-just a little hot, that's all," I tried to cover up my embarassed self.

"Oh," the redhead responded like a little kid. "Anyway, what time does your shift end?" he asked.

"Around 8pm. Why?"

"Great! I'll be back here later so wait for me, okay?"

"What?!"

"Then, see you later!" he bid farewell as he left.

"Wait! Satori!" I tried to call him but it was no use.

I just found myself sighing at the development.

"He didn't even order..."

True to his words, he did came back around 8. He even waited for me to change into regular clothes before heading out.

"Satori, where are we going?" I asked.

"You'll see once we get there," he seemed to be excited so I just let him slide with his answer.

After few minutes of walking, we finally reached our destination.

"Don't tell me..."

"Tadah! We'll be watching this!" he told me.

"No way! It's still showing?!" I asked as Satori planned to watch this movie adaptation of a Shounen Jump in the theatre with me.

He happily nodded. "I planned to watch this during its first few weeks but I was busy with practice. Now, I can finally watch it!"

I also nodded to him happily. We were getting excited so the two of us hurriedly went in to watch the movie.

As we got comfy on the seats while watching, I was getting dozy. With my eyes starting to close due to being worn out from work, I try to fight against it because I want to continue watching the movie. Before I even realized it, I fell asleep.

"So cute..." Satori thought as he noticed that I was already sleeping.

Taking off his jacket, he covered it over my body and continued watching the movie by himself.