Chapter 15 - Let's Get Messy

I walked towards the gym and smiled as I heard the familiar sounds of loud calls, squeaking shoes and booming spikes/blocks. I entered and saw the boys currently playing a rally. Despite having their game faces on, the enjoyment of playing volleyball was clearly visible.

"Especially this slouchy guy..." I thought as I watched the redhead.

At that time, I wasn't aware that he actually saw me from the corner of his eye.

Running and jumping, Satori spiked the ball but Kawanishi-kun was able to one-touch it. Goshiki-kun received it and Shirabu-kun tossed it right back to the aspirant future ace. Goshiki-kun's spike was deflected by Semi-san. Before I even knew it, I felt a small pang as the deflected ball hit my forearm.

"Wakatoshi-kun!" the redhead ran towards the ball and passed it to the left-handed ace.

Ushijima-san's strong spike was able to pass through Kawanishi-kun's block as Goshiki-kun failed to save the ball.

"Yay! Nice, f/n-chan!" Satori merrily high-fived me.

"Yehey!" I celebrated along with him.

"Ah... Sorry to burst your bubble but it's still our point," Shirabu-kun said. "L/n-san's not part of the game. She's not a player," he pointed out.

"Shirabu's right," Ushijima-san said, just realizing that he actually didn't have to spike the ball earlier.

"Aww... I thought they wouldn't noticed..." I playfully pouted.

"Yup. Me either," Satori agreed and we both grinned at each other.

"Seriously..." Semi-san just sighed.

"L/n-san! Wanna play with us?" Goshiki-kun asked lively.

"Nah. I'm just here to pick up Satori," I answered.

"Ah, I'm jealous! Must be nice to have a girlfriend, right, Tendou-san?" Kawanishi-kun teased.

Satori happily nodded. "She's the best," he said as he looked at me, giving me a smile and I blushed.

The boys already knew that we were in a relationship. It's nearly been a week since they learned about it.

Several minutes and teasings later, the two of us were walking down the road. We headed downtown and ate dinner.

"F/n-chan," Satori called my attention as we were busy eating ramen. "Say 'aahhh...' " he gestured to feed me a sushi.

I held out my hand, gesturing him to wait for a sec as I hurriedly swallowed the ramen in my mouth.

"Do I really have to----------"

I was cut off as he shoved the sushi into my mouth and I gave him a slight elbow.

"That was rude, you know," I told him as I was still chewing the sushi.

"So is talking with your mouth full, f/n-chan."

I just playfully rolled my eyes and he just laughed.

After storing food into our stomachs, we walked to the next block.

"So, f/n-chan," Satori started. "Are you ready for the battle?"

I gave him a grin. "Always ready," I replied as we finally arrived at our destination.

The place we went in was so neat and bright but it was a battlefield.

"Everyone! Welcome to the annual Eat-all-you-can Ice Cream Challenge!!" the announcer started the show.

Participating pairs have their own table. As the announcer continued to speak, the two of us sat down and I kept giggling due to failure of containing my excitement, not noticing the redhead looking at me with amused eyes.