Chapter 23 - 14th

Few days later, the day I've been waiting for has finally come.

"Yosh! Nothing's gonna stop me from having fun today!" I exclaimed and suddenly the door on my room opened with the redhead yelling, "Yeah!!!"

Then there was silence.

"Shit, it's not the same!!!" my mind screamed as I realized that the clothes I'm wearing and Satori's were not matching.

"Argh, we didn't match..." the middle blocker groaned.

"Eh? You mean----------"

"I was going to surprise you by matching what you were gonna wear, but I guessed wrong."

I gasped. "Me, too! I was doing the same thing."

It turns out, we both tried to guess what we were about to cosplay (just a simple one though, like wearing the character's jacket or hat) and we both failed. We ended up cosplaying characters from different series of Weekly Shounen Jump. As we were going to the venue of the ani-con and games convention, we playfully argued about why we thought we were gonna cosplay those characters.

"Well, I remember you saying that you like this character more than the protagonist!" Satori told me.

"Of course, I like him! Just like my other favorite characters who are usually not the main protagonist that ends up getting killed along the series or turns out to be an antagonist!" I responded.

"That's why I was pretty sure you were gonna cosplay the character being shipped by this one."

"Actually, I was about to, but then I suddenly remembered that you liked this series more, so I decided to cosplay the character being shipped with your favorite character."

We both found ourselves groaning.

"We should've just cosplay that series since it's our common ground. I mean, we both liked the same character and ship from that series," I said.

"Yup. Next time, we'll get our couple ship right, f/n-chan," he told me with a smile.

"Next time, huh?"

Next time, we won't be attending the same universities. Maybe by then, the questions on my mind that I keep putting aside will finally be answered.

"Or maybe..."

A sick feeling in the pit of my stomach suddenly occured as that thought crossed my mind.

"F/n-chan?" I heard the redhead called. I looked up to him and saw him worried about me. "What's wrong?"

"N-Nothing..." I answered as I shook my head to get rid of my thoughts.

As I said earlier, nothing's gonna stop me from having fun today. Nothing. And I'm determined to do just that.

I gave him the biggest smile that I could manage. "Let's enjoy ourselves today, Satori!" I tried to lift up the mood.

The middle blocker happily nodded. "Let's have some fun!" he responded as I failed to notice how his dark red eyes bore like they can see right through me earlier.

Arriving at the venue, the place was alive. It was full of people.

"Wow! I've never been to a convention before. I never knew it would have so many people," I said as I was starting to get excited.

Satori chuckled. "Me, too. It's my first time and I'm glad I get to experience this with you," he said with a smile.

I admit, I can't help but smile back at him whenever he does this. It makes my heart flutter and I know there's a shade of pink on my cheeks.