Chapter 24 - Boulevard of Memories

The day I've been waiting for has finally come and it was supposed to be perfect.

"No... I wanted it to be perfect..."

But then, the world has other plans.

"During the times when you won't pick me up from my workplace... Do you see her?" f/n asked as her e/c eyes intently stared at my dark red ones, desperately looking for answers.

"Sadness..." The tone in her voice... The way she looked at me...

I opened my mouth to speak but before my voice could come out, I stopped and pursed my lips as I avoided her gaze.

"I can't take it..." I thought as I clenched my hands into fists, trying to find a way to cushion the impact of my answer but failed.

I looked back at her to give her the answer that she was seeking.

"Yes..."

And there it was... Her reaction...

I hated how I saw her eyes widened. I hated how they looked like they're gonna burst tears any second. I hated how she looked disappointed in me... like she felt...

"So it really was you..." she said with a faint smile.

Without any warning, she started to fast-walk towards the dormitory and I followed her.

"F/n----------"

"Lemme warn you, Satori. My jealousy added with what you just admitted is making me lose my cool."

"It's not what you think," I told her.

"Then what am I thinking? C'mon, tell me, Guess Monster-san," her sardonic remark on my title was trying to hide her pained self.

"You're thinking that I'm cheating on you, which is not the case."

She scoffed. "I'm just heating up with jealousy, that's all. Though, I'd be lying if I said that that thought actually didn't cross my mind."

"F/n, I---------- The reason why I see nb-chan is----------"

"Is because you spend time teaching c/n while she visits him, right? That's what you were gonna say, wasn't it?" I could her the bitterness in her words. Before I could even respond, she released, "Don't kid with me, Satori!"

With that, I grabbed her arm, making her stop on her tracks and face me.

"I want you listen to me," I said.

"No! You listen to me," she told me as she broke herself free from my hold, frustration was all over her face. "You think I didn't knew about your fake alibis? You think I didn't knew that you were lying to me?" those words were stinging me. "Satori, I saw you! I knew it was your beautiful red..."

"Please, f/n----------"

"Nb was at the kindergarten... and you were with her, right?" the delivery of those words was stabbing me. "Well, you already admitted that you see her whenever you won't pick me up, so the answer to that question is already a given," I heard her say and she continued her way to the dorms.

"F/n... F/n, please... Hear me out," I pleaded to her but she didn't respond. "Please, lemme explain."

I tailed her, continuing to call her out as I noticed how hard she was clenching her fists. F/n didn't respond a single word... didn't even looked back at me for a second... It was like one of those movies where a ghost was calling out to his loved one but she can't see nor hear him... like I was nothing...