Chapter 19 - Downtown

"F/n-chan!" Satori called me, waving his hand like a little kid.

"Yo, Satori! Ushijima-san!" I replied as the two of them just got back from changing their sweaty clothes into fresh ones.

"L/n," the ace simply noted my presence.

"Anyway, let's go! Wouldn't want the store to close before we arrive!" the middle blocker was excited.

"The two of you don't need to come with me. I can buy a pair of new shoes on my own," Ushijima-san told us.

"Now, now, Wakatoshi-kun! Of course, we know you can! It's just that we want to be the ones to see your new shoes first," Satori responded.

"And be the ones to choose it for you," I added and we both let out a small evil laugh.

Ushijima-san, on the other hand, was still as stoic as he can be.

Going downtown, it was pretty lively. Lights lit up the streets and people were everywhere.

"Woah! It's so cool!" my eyes sparkled as I saw a pair of sports shoes being displayed on a certain sports store.

"Just like HIS shoes!!!" I exclaimed but I wasn't alone on that one, making both the redhead and I chuckle at the development.

"F/n-chan, you think so, too?" Satori asked.

"Yeah! It gives off a similar vibe to HIS cool shoes!" I responded, comparing the displayed shoes to the shoes of a certain Shounen Jump character.

"I know, right?! Makes me wanna buy it! Maybe I should buy it! Wait, do I even have enough money to buy it?" he looked at the price and his eyes widened. "So expensive!!!" he shouted. "I'll just stick to my regular kind of shoes, thank you very much!"

I laughed at Satori's blabbering as Ushijima-san kept on looking at various shoes quietly.

"How about you, Ushijima-san? Have you found a particular pair that you like?" I asked.

"No, not yet. I'm looking for long lasting, durable shoes," the ace simply answered.

I hummed in response. "What color?"

"It doesn't concerns me as long as it won't get damaged so easily," he replied.

"Then, you'll be fine even if it's pink, Wakatoshi-kun? A shiny shimmering pink pair of shoes?" the redhead teased.

"I doubt that they sell that kind of shoes here, Tendou," he responded and we just chuckled.

Unfortunately for Ushijima-san, the store did sell shiny shimmering pink pair of shoes. It's just that it's for women's, not men's.

After looking all throughout the store just to find the shoes which fits Ushijima-san's huge feet, we finally found it. It was like everything went dark and the only spotlight on was on that particular pair of shoes. Grabbing the shoes, I raised them up in the sky and Satori immediately sang the background music when Rafiki held the young cub Simba up high for all of the pridelands to see. While Ushijima-san was already used to our antics, the other customers were looking at us like were a bunch of crazy people.

"This is it, Ushijima-san! I can feel it!" I told him as I gave him the pair of shoes and he diligently tried them on.

"Woah! You really look great with those shoes on, Wakatoshi-kun!" Satori said.

The ace nodded. "It feels alright. It's not tight and is comfortable to wear."

"Great!" I was glad to hear it.

"Excuse me, mister! We'll be buying this one," the middle blocker said to the store owner who happened to be the one behind the counter.

"Sure thing! That'll be xxxxx yen," he said.