Chapter 3 - Artist

It was cold. The clouds hovering the skies indicate that it might snow anytime soon.

"Alright, class. Find yourselves a pair. You can rearrange the chairs to sit across each other," our sensei told us.

As I watch, my classmates were starting to get up and approach their partners.

There was only one person in the room whom I am willing to be my pair, but I wonder if he already found himself a part----------

"Looks like you still don't have a partner, f/n-chan," my thoughts were interrupted.

"Satori..." I looked at him. "H-Haven't you got yourself a partner?" I asked.

"Yeah. She's sitting right in front of me," he answered as he grabbed a chair and sat right across me, wearing that grin on his face.

"Now that you've found your pair," our sensei caught our attention, "each of you will draw your partner on the sketchpad I've given earlier."

"Eeehhh??!?!?!?"

"Seriously?"

The class had different reactions. Some were happy and some were worried. I'm on the latter.

"I'm gonna collect your drawings before I dismiss the class," she added.

"Argh... Can't it just be a bring-home assignment to be passed tomorrow?" I groan and to my surprise, the redhead laughed.

"You're that worried about drawing?" he asked.

Blushing out of embarrassment, I internally screamed, "Shit, I actually said that out loud!" realizing that my inner complaint was out in the open.

"W-Well... I'm not good at drawing..." I admitted to my partner.

"Hmm... I'm guessing that you're actually really good at it but you just hide it. A very humble artist!"

"No, I'm not! I do suck at it, Satori. If I really am an artist, then my masterpiece would be a drawing of a stickman!"

"Really? Wow! That must be such a piece of art. I wanna see it!" he exclaimed.

"I'm being serious here!" I told him as he was just messing with me.

"Alright, alright. But my guess is pretty strong, f/n-chan."

And the Guess Monster was wrong on his guess. I really am not good at it.

Minutes have passed and the class was busy with the activity. Staring at the blank page of the sketchpad, I still don't know where to start drawing.

"What should I do? What if my drawing turns out to be so bad? Will he get mad? Will he unfriend me?!"

Taking a glance at me, Satori asked, "Having a problem?"

"W-Well..."

"Is it because I move too much?"

"Eh?"

"Maybe I should pose."

"No, that's not really----------"

I failed to hold my first few haha's but I was able to muffle the rest of my laugh using my hands. Satori was making a whole lot of different funny faces and it made my stomach hurt. It was too funny that I can't even breathe.

"P-Please, just---------- Pfft..." I was supposed to tell him to stop but I failed.

"It's just too funny!!!"

I kept laughing against my hands until I was finally able to control my breathing.

As I took deep breaths, the redhead asked, "Feeling better?"