Chapter 20 - Last Day of Exams

"Argh... I can't take it anymore!" the redhead loudly complained.

"Aw, c'mon now! It's just 2 more topics then we're done," I persuaded him to continue studying.

"I don't wanna!" he whined. "Besides, the guys already left us to get some sleep," he said as the third year volleyball club members were with us earlier. We were having a group study in my room because tomorrow will be the last day of our exams.

A yawn escaped when I turned to look at the clock and saw that it was already pass 1:00AM.

I just heard the middle blocker release a small laugh.

"See? You're also getting sleepy, f/n-chan," Satori told me and leaned in, making me close my eyes, and kissed my eyelids. "Rest your eyes. I don't want you to force yourself, f/n," he told me with all sincerity as he cupped my cheek.

"B-But----------"

"No buts!" he said and flicked my forehead, finding myself uttering a small 'ow' at his action. "Deep down, I know you hate studying yet you already covered a lot of topics. I think that's enough," he continued.

Satori was right. I have a strong sense of dislike towards studying but since it was the exams, I have no choice but to study... to cram...

I sighed in defeat and told him, "Fine." I gave him a kiss on his cheek and his eyes widened in surprise. "Thank you for looking out for me, Satori," I said with a smile.

He returned a smile and suddenly rested his head on my lap. Before I could even protest, he told me, "Don't worry, f/n-chan. I'll get back up before your legs get numb."

I countered, "You're saying that yet you're already closing your eyes."

He let out a small laugh. "Can't help it. Your lap is way better than pillows," he said and yawned.

"Satori, don't you dare sleep on me."

"I won't. Just... Just for a minute, lemme stay here..." his voice was starting to get quiet.

I can't help but notice that I'm actually smiling at the situation. I looked at him and before I even knew it, I was starting to caress his hair.

He softly hummed at my touch. "Keep going, f/n-chan... It feels so nice..."

I chuckled. "Alright, but just for a minute. After that, I'll stop and you'll get up, okay?"

A smile formed on his lips and he gave me a small nod.

I let him rest on my lap as I continued to gently stroke his beautiful red hair. That's when I realized that Satori was actually right.

"It really does feel so nice..."

I loved the way his hair felt against my hand... The way it loosened as my fingers combed his soft strands... I also loved how he looked so comfortable on my lap... like he was so at peace... It made me feel so light... making me gleam with warm fuzzies... like I'm so blessed to have Satori here with me right now...

I didn't knew how much time passed but when I called out the redhead, he just simply stirred.

"Satori, it would be a whole lot better if you continue sleeping on the bed," I softly told him and he just replied with a light groan. "You know you're too heavy for me to carry. Please, just stand up for a sec and just flop on the bed."

Like a kid, the middle blocker groggily did what I asked of him. I scooted beside him and cover ourselves with a blanket. Similarly to what he does whenever we sleep together, I held him in arms and gave a kiss on his forehead.