Dead?

I feel like I am just wasting my time here since barely anyone is reading the story and I haven't gotten any comments or votes at all. But I also don't wanna leave it incomplete either. So I guess I'm gonna go ahead for now. 
So yeah here's the fourth chapter. Enjoy!

Annabeth PoV

That night I lay in my bed, unable to sleep. My brain was working in full swing trying to connect the dots in order to figure out what was going on with my childhood best friend. Lets make a list of what I already know. I thought to myself.

1. Something happened four years ago to make Percy disappear off the face of the Earth.

2. It had to have been terrible for his eyes to look so...pained, for lack of a better word.

3. He couldn't or wouldn't tell her what it was.

4. His cousins and the Luke guy obviously knew what it was.

5. There was something off about Luke Castellan that she couldn't put her finger on.

6. Percy was in some sort of danger if his cousins's behavior earlier today was any indication.

Well that's not much to go on. But I was determined to figure this out whatsoever. I got out of bed and crept to my desk where my laptop was lying I picked it up and then sat back down on the bed. I quickly switched it on and turned down the volume then opened up a search engine.

My fingers hovered over the keys for a moment before I decided to type in: Percy Jackson and then hit the search button. Loads of things came up (It turns out Percy Jackson isn't as rare a name as I had once thought) but nothing of any importance. The best I got were old articles about all the swimming prizes he had won back when we were kids. What I found odd was that there was nothing on him after sixth grade. Not a single mention anywhere.

I sighed in disappointment. The more I looked into the situation the weirder it got. Maybe she should try and find out his address perhaps Sally would tell her what was going on. Wait, Sally... Hmm it's worth a shot. I thought as I typed Sally Blofis-Jackson. I clicked on the link that appeared and did a double take when I read the heading of the news article.

Bestselling Author and Husband Die in Car Crash

It has been reported that bestselling Author, Sally Blofis-Jackson and her husband Paul Blofis died in a terrible car accident near...

I stopped reading for a second and tried to even my breathing. Sally and Paul were dead. I couldn't believe it for a second, so I read the first line again and again until I was sure I was reading correctly. Then she read the rest of the article. It said that the accident took place in New York, that a drunk driver had collided with their taxi cab, that they were dead before the ambulance could get to them. She read over and over again but there was no mention of Percy in the article. According to the article Sally and Paul were in New York that day for an authors conference Sally had to attend and they had been on their way to check into their hotel when the accident happened.

It all seemed so flawless that she almost believed it almost. But what made her see through it was the fact that the day of the accident was the same date that she last saw Percy, the day he made the promise. So, it couldn't be true at least not the accident part of it. She could feel in her heart the Sally and Paul really were dead but it was not because some drunk driver hit them, they were dead for a completely different reason and she was going to find out what it was and nothing was going to stop her.

Percy PoV

It was a dark moonless night and I was blindly running down a narrow road with dense woods on both sides surrounding me, suffocating me. I could hear the taunting voice, the menacing laughter behind me getting closer and closer. I was running as fast as I could but it wasn't fast enough, He was catching up to me and my heart filled with despair. Suddenly, I tripped over a rock and fell face first on the ground. My whole body seemed to be paralyzed because I couldn't get up. A sob escaped me. This was it, he would catch me now and take me back to that hell and then once he got what he wanted- I was dead, literally. I felt strong arms grab my shoulders and pull me up. I screamed...