Plans and Parties

Annabeth PoV

As the weeks went by I noticed the tension between Nico and Percy. They never talked to each other anymore and sat on separate tables at lunch-Nico with Thalia and Percy with Luke, Rachel and Grover Underwood, the guy who Juniper was secretly dating.

I had asked Juniper why she hadn't told anyone about the relationship (she hadn't even told Silena) and she said that they were currently on a trial relationship and that she didn't want a big scene in case it didn't workout. She did tell me that if they made it exclusive she would tell the others. After that I didn't bother her more about it.

The past week had went by uneventfully and it was a Friday. I was on my way to Lunch when Thalia walked up to me.

"Hey Annabeth." She said cheerily.

"Um Hey. What's up?" I asked.

"Look I am throwing a party, in an attempt to get Nico and Percy to forgive each other and become friends again and I would like it if you and your friends came too. It would be a good chance for you to get to talk to Percy too."

"I don't..."

"Oh please I know you want to be friends again and I am pretty sure Percy want's that too."

"He does...um I mean."

"It's cool. Just tell me you're gonna come."

"Uh sure I guess."

"Great! See ya tonight at eight, my place." With that she walked away to God knows where leaving me utterly confused.

"Hey guys." I said sitting with my friends who were all already there, today Beckendorf was sitting with us. "Guess what happened." I asked turning to Clarrise who was sitting next to me.

"Annie got a date?" She teased.

"No and don't call me that." I said more annoyed than angry. "Thalia invited us to her party tonight. She wanted me tell you that you're all invited as well."

"Ooh I haven't been to a good party in a while, what do you think Charlie?" Silena said turning to Beckendorf.

"I'm in as long as you are." He answered.

"And you guys?" She said turning to Juniper and Clarrise.

"Sure." Juniper said.

"I don't really..." Clarrise started but Silena cut her off.

"Please please please." She begged.

"Fine, but I am not playing dress up."

"Maybe just a little-"

"Nuh uh. Not happening." Clarrise stated firmly and Silena pouted but didn't press it.

"Fine then" she huffed. "I guess it's just Annabeth then."

"What?"

"I am going to make you look so pretty-not that you aren't pretty-but a little help wouldn't hurt."

"I-"

"Great! I will come by your house at seven-ish and Charlie can pick us up around eight thirty."

"But-"

"Please, I won't go overboard I promise. I really want to do this."

"Fine." I said giving in and hoping it wouldn't be too the look on Clarrise's face though I was sure I was in for some trouble.

Five minutes to seven, Silena was at my door grinning like a mad man. I didn't know how she could grin so much. But from her grin I could tell she had something wild planned. Turns out I was wrong.

About fifty minutes later, I stood in front of my dresser, staring at my reflection with an awestruck look. Why? You may ask. Because I looked gorgeous. Simple, but gorgeous at the same time.

My outfit consisted of a pair of black, skinny jeans and a glittering gray top. Aside from that I had my owl ear rings on, which had been a birthday present from Percy back in Sixth grade. I also wore a silver charm bracelet that went perfectly with my top on my wrist.

Silena had also convinced me into putting on some make-up. It wasn't much just a thin layer of foundation and a light pink lip gloss. She had also made me put on eye-liner which made my eyes stand out in a good way. My hair was also left down and the princess curls cascaded down my shoulders gracefully.

"So, what do you think?" She asked.

"I think you are amazing. Thank you so much."

"Your welcome. I am just glad I can help you out with Percy."

"What do you mean?"

"Oh please drop that act. I know you like him and I know the only reason you're going to this party is so that you could get to talk to Percy and maybe become his friend again. Aren't you."

"Yeah." I said finally giving in. I needed someone to know so that I could talk to them about it and also so that I could get some advice on the topic. Who better for this than the Matchmaker Silena herself.

"Oh this is going to be so much fun!"

Okay maybe Juniper would have been a better choice. Oh well too late to back out now Annabeth. I told myself.

Percy PoV

"I still don't get what Thalia thought would happen." I said to Rachel as I walked towards the door.

"She was just trying to help out. She didn't think it would end this badly." Rachel consoled me.

"I know she didn't. It's just irritating you know. I don't think I am going to stay any longer. Can you see Luke anywhere."

"I am right here." Luke said appearing from the crowd behind me. "And I think you should stay for a little longer. For Thalia you know."

"I don't know. It's getting really crowded and I don't even know most of the people here."

"That's because you hardly ever talk to anyone other than your cousins, me and Grover." Rachel said. "Oh and Luke too of course."

"What if I said I was tired after that shouting match with Nico? Can I go home then." I argued.

"Look Perce I really think you should stay just a little longer. I mean Nico already left it will really hurt Thalia if you leave too." Luke said. He looked at something or someone over my shoulder and a smile appeared on his face."Plus, I think it's time you had a long awaited talk with a special someone."

I turned to see who he was referring to and my breath caught as I saw who it was. Annabeth stood a little way away talking to Juniper. She had her hair down and was wearing a thin layer of make up. From where I stood she looked really gorgeous. Well she always looked gorgeous to me but still.

"So that's why you wanted me to stay a little longer huh."

"Well it wasn't my plan really it was Thalia's. I was just helping her out." As Luke said that his phone buzzed. He took it out of his pocket and looked at the caller ID. If I had been in the right state of my mind I would have noticed how much he paled as he saw who it was. Or how his fingers started shaking slightly. But I was too busy thinking about Annabeth.

This is just a bit of a filler chapter but it is necessary, you'll know soon enough. 

Let me know what you think in the comments!

~Scarlet