Found Finally or Not

Annabeth PoV

"Hey Annabeth do you want a cookie?"

Cookies. Percy loved cookies, especially his mom's blue ones. Those were definitely the best cookies she'd ever had. Sally is a great cook. Was, Sally was a great cook, she is dead now so is Paul and Percy would probably join them soon if he hadn't already.

Percy, that's all that I had been thinking of-all that I could think of-for the past week. Percy, my Seaweed Brained childhood best friend with his hypnotic Sea-green eyes and his annoying smirk that would make my heart do flips.

"Annabeth!" I was broken out of my stance by my mother shaking me. "Annabeth are you okay?" She asked me worriedly.

"I-I am fine mom I was just thinking..."

"About your friend Percy, I presume, Poseidon's son." She said the last part out with slight bitterness in her voice. It turns out my mom and Percy's dad hated each other.

"Yeah."

"So they haven't found him yet?"

"No, they haven't the wildest clue of his whereabouts." I said sorrowfully. "For all we know he could be dead by now."

"Oh Annabeth I am sure they'll find him alive."

"Yeah well I'm not." I snapped. I picked up my backpack and got up from the dining table to leave, my breakfast lying untouched on my plate, I wasn't really hungry anyway. "I'm late for school."

With that I was out the door.

Under normal circumstances I never would have the guts to snap at my mother and then walk away like that. But I was stressed and scared and worried for Percy. So many different possibilities spinning around in my head, so many questions that were left unanswered.

Where was Percy?

How was he?

Was he even alive?

Would all the searching just lead to nothing?

Will we ever find him?

What if we're too late?

All the questions and possibilities made my head ache.

I didn't get it, why does it always have to happen to Percy? Why are the fates so cruel to him? He's been through so much already, he's seen things no one should ever have to go through let alone someone like him. Yet he just couldn't get a break.

He was such a sweet guy, he'd never hurt anyone, he never did anything wrong to deserve this. He was the nicest guy I had ever met. He'd saved me from the biggest bullies in school and he hadn't even known me. He had befriended me when everyone else had shunned me away. He had helped me and been there when I'd needed him.

I brushed a stray tear from my cheek as I rounded the corner and found myself in front of my school. I looked at the big grey building and felt my head throb harder. There was no way I would be able to get through a whole day of school. Nuh-uh not happening.

"Annabeth!" She turned around to see Thalia standing beside her. Her eyes were bloodshot and she looked like she hadn't had a good night's sleep in months. "You look horrible."

Usually she would have laughed but today all she said was "You're not winning any beauty contests either Thalia."

"Whatever." She said rolling her eyes."I can't take school right now."

"Yeah me either."

"Wanna skip and grab a coffee or something instead?"

"You know, what the hell I'm in."