Epilogue

So, I told you this was coming and there you have it, the epilogue. Enjoy!

~

We walked the streets of suburban San Francisco, our hands interlinked, bathed in the soft glow of the street lamps. A clear sky twinkled with a million stars above us and a comfortable silence rested in the air. In this moment I couldn't be more content. Beside me, Percy seemed to have zoned off but his eyes were still a bright sea-green, ensuring me the thoughts in his head were happy ones. 

I shivered inwardly as I thought of the glassy, closed off look his eyes got whenever he thought of his past. The way his eyes dulled to a silvery-blue whenever he felt overwhelmed by all the pain from the memories still brought tears to my own. Fortunately for both of us, Percy's attack have become extremely rare. When they did happen, they weren't too hard to handle either. 

It had been nearly five years since that day on the beach and now at twenty one we were both still together. And frankly, I wouldn't want it any other way. Yes, it hadn't been easy to get where we were now but all the hardships were worth it.

"What are you thinking about, Seaweed Brain?" I asked, breaking him out of his reverie.

"It's a secret, Wise Girl." He replied, turning to grin at me.

"But I wanna know!" 

"Well then you'll have to wait a while."

"That's not fair! You get me all curious about something and then tell me to wait! It's annoying."

"Oh well. Deal with it." He said with a laugh. "We're almost there anyway."

"Where are you taking me anyway?"

"That too is a secret."

"Percy!" I whined but he just stuck his tongue out at me and then pulled me around another corner.

"You can stop with the whining now Wise Girl, we're here!" He exclaimed, yanking open a small wrought iron gate that looked oddly familiar. As we walked in, I realized why. We were at our old school, in the playground to be exact.

"Oh wow." I commented looking around.

"You can reminisce in a minute, but first-" He said dragging me towards a little stone bench near the swings. "-sit down right here,"

"Percy wha-" I started questioning but stopped when he got down on one knee in front of me and pulled a little box from his jacket pocket. "Oh."

"Wise Girl, known to the rest of the world as Annabeth Chase, I love you with all my heart. I've loved you for as long as I can remember and I can't imagine my life without you. It was on this spot that we first met back when we were kids, and so I thought this was the best place to ask you this question. Annabeth you were my first friend, my first love and life without you sucks, and I say that from experience. So, would you like to spend the rest of our lives together? Cause I'd definitely like that. Basically what I'm saying is, Annabeth Chase, would you be mine forever?"

"Yes!" 

And as we kissed into the night, I swear I was the happiest person on the planet.

~

I hope you liked it. Also, as mentioned in the last update, I have written a series of short fluffy one-shots about Percy and Annabeth's life in San Francisco so please do check them out. The first one's up now. It's called Sweet Bliss of Childhood and is on my profile.

Thanks for sticking with me till the end. It's been a fun ride. I love all you adorable peeps! 

Also, before I go I just want to say, I'm accepting random one-shot prompts so if you have any just PM me them.

Thanks!

~ Jahnvi