Revelations of The Past

Hey Guys,

Look at that I am already updating and it's my longest chapter yet. You guys better like it. So without stalling anymore, here you are enjoy...

Percy PoV

I didn't know why but I suddenly found myself awake at two in the morning. I had been having a pleasant dream about a picnic on a beach or something like that and had abruptly woken up for seemingly no reason at all. What could have woken me up? I thought.

My unspoken question was answered in mere seconds by a somewhat muffled crash from downstairs. I got out of bed, grabbed a baseball bat that had been present from dad for my last birthday and carefully opened the door. The landing was empty and an eerie silence had spread across the house.

I tiptoed my way to the stairs on the other end of the hallway, only stopping to peek into my mom and Paul's bedroom to find it empty. What was going on? I wondered as I crept down the dark stairs as carefully as possible in order to avoid slipping. But I wasn't careful enough. At the second last step my foot hit something and I fell headfirst to the ground. A pain shot through my left wrist, not enough for it to be broken, so it was probably just sprained. I looked up to see what I had fallen over and froze in place.

There sprawled on the last step was my stepfather's now lifeless body. Blood was oozing out of a deep looking hole on his forehead. His eyes were wide open staring into nothingness, the warmth and kindness that they had once shone with now gone.

I sat there frozen in terror my eyes wide and mouth open for what seemed like ages. I was brought back from my shocked stupor by another crash from the kitchen. I grabbed the baseball bat and ran to the kitchen what I saw inside was worse than what I had seen moments ago.

A tall, dark haired man in all black stood with his back to the doorway a gun raised in one hand. In front of him, my mom stood, backed up in a corner. Her chocolate brown hair was a mess, her face contorted with worry and her soft blue eyes shone with fear. She looked at me and her expression changed.

In the instant that our eyes met I knew she wanted me to leave, to run away and hide to leave her to die. But I couldn't make myself. So, I stood there for the second time that night, frozen in fear.

The gun must have had a silencer because it wasn't until she fell to the floor clutching her stomach that I realized my mother had been shot. I felt fury boil inside me and I ran forward smacking the gunman in the head with the baseball bat. The man fell to the floor just as I heard mom groan from the corner. The anger and fury was replaced by dread and I abandoned the bat and ran to my mother.

"Mom!" I said kneeling down next to her and taking her hand. My vision blurred as I felt tears roll down my cheeks but I didn't care.

"Percy" Mom said in a shaky whisper. "Sweetie you have to stay strong Okay. You are going to get through this alright. Don't lose hope and always remember that I love you and even if it doesn't seem like it I am always with you. I love you sweetie."

"I love you too." I whispered back as the light in her eyes died down and I knew she was dead.

"How pathetically sweet, it makes me want to puke." Said a cold voice from behind me that sent shivers down my spine. "Perseus Jackson right." He said as I turned.

I didn't speak instead I ran as fast as I could towards the back door. Before I could make it though I felt strong hands grab me by my shoulders. I struggled and screamed for help but he covered my mouth with his hand. Trying to get free I bit his hand.