A Party in Ruins

Hey guys,

So there you have it the next chapter! Get ready for some drama!

Percy PoV

I made my way with some difficulty towards Annabeth. I still couldn't believe how different she looked. I mean she always looked beautiful to me but tonight she was actually showing it. Something she had never done in all the time I had known her. Judging from her expression all this was definitely new to her. It was probably Silena's idea. Percy had heard she liked to play dress-up.

Judging from Annabeth's expression he could also tell that this was probably her first real party. She was constantly looking around nervously, trying and failing, to look cool and calm so as not to make her nervousness obvious. It might work on the other party guests but Percy knew her too well. Even after all this time.

"Hey Annabeth." He said with a smile as he stopped beside her.

"Oh Hi Percy." She said turning to him, her face cracking into a huge smile.

"Long time no see huh. I am glad you could make it though."

"Yeah me too."

"You look really amazing you know. It's different but in a good way."

"Thanks." She answered and her cheeks reddened immensely. "Percy I kinda wanted to talk to you about something."

"Yeah me too. But you can go first."

"I wanted to ask you, just to make it clear. What are we Percy?"

"We're friends right, I mean I wan't us to be. But only if you want that too."

"Of course I do."

"Good, then to answer your question Annabeth, we are friends. Just like old times." I smiled.

"Just like old times." She repeated with an identical smile on her face. Only then did I realize how close we were. Our faces were mere inches apart, our noses barely touching.

Our eyes were locked together and I forgot where I was, who I was. I forgot everything, everything but her, that is. All I could think about was her lips on mine and all I wanted to just then was kiss her.

Before I could do anything though I heard someone clear their throat. I wanted to stay there staring in Annabeth's stormy grey eyes for the rest of eternity. But life's not fair and one hardly ever get's what they want. So, I turned around to see who had interrupted this magical moment.

"What do you want Rachel." I asked trying not to sound bitter.

"Sorry for interrupting but Luke said he needs to talk to you like right now. He said it's an emergency."

"I should go look for Clarrise and Juniper. Bye Percy." Annabeth said before I could reply she was gone, disappeared in the sea of drunken teenagers surrounding us.

I turned and glared at Rachel.

"Hey don't shoot the messenger. I had no intention of interrupting that magical moment of yours. The only reason I did, is because Luke is acting like a mad man ever since he got that call. You really should go and check out whatever's going on with him." Rachel said before turning around and disappearing towards the direction Annabeth had gone off to.

I searched the crowd which was thinning out a little because most of the people were in the backyard near the pool. After a moment or two I spotted Luke standing near the main door, alone and tapping his foot nervously. From the haunted look on his face I could tell something was wrong, really wrong. What though I didn't know.