Straight To The Head

TONY's POINT OF VIEW

"Daddy, when can we see Mommy?" Cai asked me as she sat in my lap as her and I were waiting in the waiting room. "Soon, baby girl. I promise you that she's alright, Okay?" I told her as I kissed her forehead. She then turned to lay her head on my chest and began playing a game on my phone. "What about the baby?" Cai asked in her sweet yet, sad voice as she played the game. "He's fine too." I then said as I held onto her in my lap. Next, Iyana and Bre came into the waiting room. "Tony. Is she alright?" Inaya asked me as she rushed over towards me and rubbed Cai's back. "I don't know yet. They won't tell me anything yet. All I know is...her head...." I said as I looked down at Cai to make sure she didn't see what I was about to do. I then shook my head at Inaya. "It's not good?" She whispered. "I hope so..." I then told her as tears started to dwell up in my eyes. "Cai...how are you doing?" Inaya asked Cai as she moved a piece of her hair out of Cai's face. "I want my Mommy, Auntie Inaya." She said as she then sat up. "I know that you do. Your Mommy is gonna be just fine and she's gonna feel all better. You believe that?" She asked Cai. Cai nodded in agreement.

"Uh...Anthony Grant?" The doctor said as he walked into the room. I picked Cai up from my lap and told her to stay with Inaya as I went to go see what was going on.

"I'm...Anthony Grant." I said as I walked up towards him. "Come with me, please?" He said. We both then made our way to the back to where Cheryl would be. We then stopped next to a room and the door was closed. "We need to make this conversation quickly, alright? I looked at Cheryl and her head is perfectly fine. It's just the pressure, headache, muscle in the back of the neck and the bleeding from earlier is what is causing her normal blood pressure to suddenly go through the roof. She woke up a few times and during those times she was panicking because she didn't know where you or your daughter were. Right now, she is fine and awake but...her water just broke." He said. "Ok ok. Hold on...the baby is coming?" I asked him. "Yes. Today. All of this is causing so much pressure on the baby as well. We have it listed that Cheryl is only a few days away from the baby officially being 9 months pregnant. So, do you want to be in the room while your son is being delivered?" He asked me. My head was spinning from all of this sudden information. "How...how are you gonna do this? Hold on. Hold on...I know how. I mean, yes. Why wouldn't I? " I asked him with a confused facial expression. "Good because she's gonna need for you to be there. I take it that this isn't your first time experiencing this anyways. After the baby is born, Cheryl's blood pressure will immediately go back to normal. As for right now, we need you to go in there and talk to her and let her know that everything is alright. She keeps panicking and we need for her to calm down. Especially, for the baby." The doctor said. "Alright. Let me go in." I said as I opened the door.

As I walked in, I saw Cheryl crying in a hospital bed and a nurse was trying to talk to her about why she should calm down. I then walked over towards her and kissed her on her cheek. "Tony! Where's Cai?" She asked me in a rush. "She's with Inaya, baby. You need to calm down. You crying and panicking is making this worse, Alright. Our baby girl is fine but you need to think about our other baby boy right now too. He needs for you to calm down. You've already been bleeding and they told me that the baby is come. For me...for us, calm down." I said as I wiped her face. She nodded and held on tightly to my hand. I then pulled her hand up towards my lips and kissed it. "Just breathe. Did they explain everything to you?" I asked her. "Yes..." She then said as she looked up towards me. "Alright. I'll be there with you and I'll make sure of that." I told her. "You promise?" She asked me. "Of course." I said as I then gave her a kiss on the lips.

"Alright, Cheryl. Do you want your epidural?" The doctor said as he came in. "Hell yes....." She said as she started crying again. "Cheryl....hey...baby. You'll be fine." I said to her. "This isn't my first time going through this. I'm just nervous." She said as she touched her belly. "Cheryl, once the contractions are where they need to be- everything will be fine. The epidural will kick in and everything will just be pain free mostly." The doctor said as a few nurses came into the room.

      NOT GONNA GO INTO DETAIL 😂

I changed up and deleted some stuff because I didn't like going down that road. So, haaaa- whatever you think about how this all went down- place it there. Yah gal doesn't wanna go deep into details. Starting off the next chapter with the baby already being born. 😍😌

STAR/ VOTE 👋🏾