⇁ TWO

''You, my dear, look so rafraîchi

''You, my dear, look so rafraîchi.''

Victoria Ange Noir smiles down at her neatly assorted plate for breakfast that Thursday morning. There were two pancakes with a square of butter melting on the top, a side of scrambled eggs and lots of blueberries and strawberries sprawled around. Next to the plate, was a full glass of orange juice she'd knew she'll have to refill once done with either pancakes or eggs.

It was the first day back to school and here she was, sitting at the dining table dressed in her school uniform.

''Thanks, mom,'' She mumbles.

She reaches for a fork just as her father walks into the room.

''Ah, parfait,'' He gives Mrs. Noir a chaste kiss on the lips, a strong scent of Giorgio Armani cologne smacking Rose and Victoria Agne Noir in the face. ''Good morning, my two belles femmes.'' He takes a seat across from Victoria but beside Rose. ''Are we excited for the first day, bonita?''

Victoria smiles. ''Of course, father. I want nothing more than to waste seven hours of my life in a building full of people I despise the most.''

Rose waves her off. ''You never even given the kids a try. Who knows, maybe this year you'll find yourself a boyfriend.''

Rapheal Ange Noir clears his throat. ''How about we focus on our studies and forget about teenage nonsense, that includes boys? Yeah?''

''Yeah,'' Victoria shakes her head. ''No thanks. High school boys are nothing but boys. We all know at this point in time a female has fully matured to a woman while the boys are practically just hitting puberty.'' Rose frowns while Raphael perks up in his seat, grinning triumphantly. ''Besides, it wouldn't be smart to get involved with someone for the duration of our last year.''

''That's my fille, always knows what's best,'' Her father encourages. She inherited the nobility to make emotional decisions with her head instead of her heart as a trait from her father. It was a technique to be successful in life. It was useful, but it wasn't the key to life. Rose knew too well that you could only choose with justify life with just tactics.

She tilts her head to the side, the corners of her lips inching into a sly smirk. ''I'll just try again in college.''

Her father looks up with wide eyes.

''Maybe,'' She snickers. ''I should get going before I'm late.''

''Have a good day, amoureux!'' Rose exclaims with a wide grin.

Of course, there are some traits in Rose that Victoria picked up herself.

-