⇁ SEVEN

''Why did you make so much food?''

Raphael Ange Noir stood on one side of the island while Rose Ange Noir stood on the other, an apron tied around her waist and mittens on her hands.

With a bright smile, she shrugs her shoulders. ''Why not? I thought it'd be fun to pig out today as a family. This is the only real day we get to enjoy ourselves without being corrupted by work.''

He shakes his head vigorously. ''Who is going to eat all of this food? We aren't expecting nobody.''

She swallows deeply. ''That may be true. But,-''

''No!'' He exclaims. ''No, there's no but's. God, I hate when you make extemporaneous decisions out of the blue. We're going to be stuck with these leftovers for months.''

''What's the big deal?'' Rose questions. She was beginning to grow furious.

''You know what-'' He holds his hands up. ''I have some documents that need to be premised, I don't have the time to distinguish an easily avoidable situation.''

''Excuse me?'' She scoffs. She was on hot on his tail while walking around the island as she pulled the gloves off of her hands, slamming them on the surface. ''We never work on Thanksgiving, those are the rules. That's our tradition.''

He turns to her and extends an arm out, making sure to attain a distance. ''I rather deal with work than focus on your idiocy.''

She could feel her heart sinking at the insult viciously thrown at her.

Victoria Ange Noir was heard making an appearance down there by walking down the stairs. She was dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a tank top, her hair tousled in a messy bun. All the yelling had traveled it's way upstairs, stirring Victoria around in her sleep until enough was enough.

From where she was at, she could see only her mother's backside, her shoulders stooped and one weight on one hip while one leg was propped out.

Raphael noticed Victoria's concern features and straightened his posture, clearing his throat. ''Good morning, bonita.''

Victoria flickers her gaze from her father to who mother, who remained still.

''Is everything okay?''

''Yes,'' Raphael blurts out. ''A little quarrel we'll surpass.''

Rose Ange Noir walks away and heads for the staircase.

''Where are you going?'' Victoria questions with furrowed brows, watching her walk away.