⇁ FIVE

''Hermosa!''

''Hermosa!''

Victoria Ange Noir rolls her eyes. ''Oh, frere.'' She stood over her bed that had a classic black and white Adidas duffel bag not yet zipped, filled with clothes, shoes and other necessities needed for the over night college trip.

But it doesn't end there, it's a campus tour around Yale's university. Not that Victoria wanted to sound picky, but she wanted a college that not every social elite from her class wasn't pining after. She was always meant to be different from the rest, and she wanted to make sure she has meanings in every decisions of her life.

Academic skills are important, but so are life techniques. Which happens to be rather more appreciated than what's expected most of the time.

''I can't believe my daughter is going to Yale,'' Rose Ange Noir squeals her way into her bedroom.

Victoria rolls her eyes again before turning around to find her father leaned against the door frame to her bedroom while her mother stood more inside the space, grinning from ear to ear.

''Nay, I'm visiting, as in a temporary interval. Not nothing permanent.''

She shakes her head. ''We just couldn't salvage the moment for a minute or two, could we?''

Victoria's gaze transfers over to her father, a sly smirk plastered on her lips and a brow raised. She was practically pleading for a defense with just a look.

''We hope you'll have an experience you'll never forget, bonita,'' Raphael Ange Noir encourages, his statement confirming he was not going to get in the middle of whatever quarrel was going on between the two. ''Remember, make sure to absorb as much information as you can, make sure they have any selections that vary possible interest, and you have other schools to choose from. Don't worry if this isn't a school you see yourself in.''

She nods her head. ''Of course.''

Rose lags her head to the side. ''Vicky, sweetheart, you need to also remember to enjoy yourself. You're only young for a limited time in life. Spend it wisely.''

''How contradicting,'' She snorts. ''I have one telling me to focus on my future and another telling me to focus on the present.'' She turns around to her duffel bag and zips it up. ''I'll manufacture both, someway, somehow.''

''It's no pressure, Vic,'' Raphael assures.

''Nonsense,'' She breathes out. She slides the strap on her shoulder and turns back towards her parents, the bag falling off of her bed so the weight dropping on that one muscle. ''I'm an Ange Noir, there's nothing I can't handle.'' She smiles softly. ''I'll see you guys in a few days.''