⇁ ELEVEN

Victoria Ange Noir sat in her seat in the backstage of the schools auditorium, her hair and make up done satisfyingly to the aspire taste towards the role of her character Janey Archer, a character infamously known for in the tale of The Age Of In...

Victoria Ange Noir sat in her seat in the backstage of the schools auditorium, her hair and make up done satisfyingly to the aspire taste towards the role of her character Janey Archer, a character infamously known for in the tale of The Age Of Innocence. That Saturday afternoon was filled with all those entitled to the senior graduating class and as a requirement towards graduation, was to put on a theatrical performance.

If it wasn't enough that Victoria wanted no part in a forced social interaction with those she have despised most,  she was and according to her thoughts, had to have been cosmically and ironically assigned the most opposing character that is of her true form; a gossiper.

She sat in front of a mirror in a corner where no one paid her any mind. There was pacing of conversations, of feets, assignments, purpose everywhere around her. She looked further down the vanities to find Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf chatting up a storm, helping each other with small physical details along with the help of Blair's maid.

She looks back down in her lap before looking up at her own reflection. There was a thought that crossed her mind, a thought she seem to have asked herself many upon many times over the years. Why does she always find herself alone?

...

"Ooh!" Rose Ange Noir squeals at the sight of Victoria Ange Noir, the age of four dressed in a playful floral dress that was flowy and square lined along the chest. She had pink Mary Jane's on to match the red hue of blossoms on her dress, and her hair was done in pig tails. "My beautiful daughter. Oh-" She pulls her daughter in for a hug. Victoria doesn't budge but instead melts into the hug. She loved her mothers hugs.

"You, my love, are going to have so many friends. I can't wait to hear about your explorations and see how excited you get when you tell me about all the kids you'll meet."

"You make me excited, mommy!" Rose can feel Victoria moving her head against her chest. She looks down at her to find her daughter looking up at her. "I'm going to miss you."

"I know," She pecks her forehead with a loud, "Mwuah! But time is going to fly and before you know it, Daddy and I will be in the Limo to pick you up."

...

"Victoria?"

Victoria's features grew stern, as she focused back out of her zoned out state and her eyes darted for the figure of Jenny Humphrey standing in the mirror. Her shoulders were tensed and she held a dress close, against her chest.

"Oh, um, sorry," She stutters. "I didn't know if you were-"

Victoria furrows her brows and shakes her head. "You don't need to apologize." She turns around to face her with a side smile playing her lips. "You caught me daydreaming, happens to all of us."