⇁ NINE

''Hi

''Hi..''

Victoria Ange Noir and Raphael Ange Noir turned around to find Rose Ange Noir standing nervously in front of them, dressed in black just as those who attended Bart Bass' funeral that morning.

''Hi, mom,'' Victoria awkwardly greets while her father stood along side her, stuffing his hands in his pockets.

''How have you been?'' She asks.

Her brows had furrowed only slightly. Why was she only forwarding the conversation to her? What did her father do to earn this kind of treatment, this lack of respect?

''Um,'' She clears her throat. ''Dad and I are managing. We miss you.''

She had open her mouth to respond when a voice from afar screamed, ''Hey!''

They looked over by the hill to find Chuck Bass running down a hill and towards Dan Humphrey, the kid from Brooklyn. His face was flush and he had bags under his eyes, his hair lacking the usual containment he normally produces. He was making a scene.

''What the hell?'' Raphael furrows his brows at the angry teenager.

''What the hell are you doing here?!''

Dan jerks his head back. ''Excuse me?''

''He's just upset and loaded!'' Blair explains for his occupational stance as she follows after him. Nate Archibald was hot on Chuck's trail as much as Blair.

''I think we should head inside,'' Rose suggests until Raphael held a hand up, shaking his head in a slow subtle motion.

''That's his kid, he looks like a wreck,'' He turns to look at Victoria. ''Victoria, you go to school with him. Why don't you go see if you calm him down.''

''May I remind you that just because we go to the same school doesn't mean we're acquainted,'' She folds her arms across her chest. Her dull brown eyes scanned the appearance of Nathaniel Archibald. ''Besides, it looks like his friends have it under control.''

''Chuck, Dan has been helping us, unlike you!'' Serena exclaims, pushing the Bass child off of him.

''Helping us?'' He hissed. ''Do you have any idea what his family what his family has done?''

''Daniel,'' Serena's grandmother gently tugged Dan aside. ''I think maybe it would be best if you left.''

Serena turned to them sharply. ''No, grandma, that doesn't make sense. It's not fair.''