⇁ EIGHT

''Jesus!''

''Jesus!''

''Shh!'' Rose Ange Noir hissed, pressing a finger against her lips as she does so.

Victoria narrows her eyes and cranes her neck forward. ''Mom?'' She shakes her head. ''What the hell?''

''Me?'' Her eyes blew wide. ''What the hell you?''

''It is six in the morning, my uniform explains it all,'' She counters while taking a taunting step forward. ''Your turn.''

She looks away with a sigh.

''Oh my god,'' She gapes at her. ''Mom, it's been three weeks and even after that conversation you had with dad, you're avoiding him? Seriously?''

Rose Ange Noir and Victoria Ange Noir stood at the front door of the penthouse, head to head competing to be the first one to leave for the day.

''Sweetheart,'' She breathes out. ''Yes, we had one single conversation but words aren't enough. I need action, I need the visual proof of desire he claims he still has for us. Besides, I'm just heading into work a little early.''

Her head dulls to the side. ''It takes two to tango, mom. He needs to know that you're in it just as much as him.''

Rose emits a disapproving hum. ''But, I didn't start this mess. He did.''

''Why are you so hard on him? He has good intentions-''

''Victoria,'' She raises a brow. ''I need to know he still holds that need to show effort. I'll feel reassured about what we have then. But as for now,-'' She shakes her head. ''I can't let this effect my worth ethics.''

She leans over and pressed her cheek with Victoria's, blowing a kiss. ''I'll see you later, bonita.''

-

''I thought I made it clear that we need to find Chuck, the perfect date,'' Blair Waldorf prompts as she paces back and forth in the dining room from behind Dorota; the maid who sat in front of a computer screen going through a list of possible candidates. It was only after school where Blair consumed the task at hand, winning a bet negotiated with Chuck Bass, involving the annual Snowflake Ball. ''Kristin Curran is the loosest girl in our class. Don't you know that Chuck doesn't like his fruit pre-picked?''

''She has long hair,'' Dorota argues. ''In Poland, long hair symbolizes-'' She jumps in her seat when Blair shouts, ''And Elizabeth Phillips is somewhere between Mormon and moron! How did you come up with these?''