By the Gods Why

There you were, sitting inside the cafeteria of Beacon Academy. With you was your teammates, Gure Okami, Burly Wood, and your partner/leader, Silver Adwin. Gure was a wolf Faunus who enjoyed his comedy, making jokes at many people's expenses. Despite that, he was your closest friend, mainly due to your social anxiety.

Silver, while stern, he was understanding enough to treat you with respect and he truly did seem to care about you. Burly enough was a brute. He was around 6' 5", a giant. However, he was a gentle giant, causing to also be a beacon of salvation for you in stressful times. He also was the main buffer between you and your greatest rival, Cardin Winchester.

But that was irrelevant right now. You were just staring at her every so often, glancing away whenever she looked back at you. Her name was Blake Belladonna. Gods! She was beautiful, mysterious, smart. Damn smart. You found yourself attracted to the darker hair girl after the first few weeks of the school year when she upstaged Cardin in Dr. Oobleck's class.

However, due to your social anxiety, you never really had the balls to ask her out, no matter how close her team was to yours. She wouldn't want to date you. You were a social outcast, a nerd, a loser. Of course your team denied this, though, you didn't really care. Could you fight, kinda. You weren't the worst, but certainly, not the best.

Gure: You're looking at her again.

(Y/N): I am not!

Gure: Yes you are.

Blake glanced at you from across the hall and you quickly looked down to your food and took a bite. You noticed she returned her gaze back to her friends. You sighed in relief as you continued to eat and look at her.

Silver: You seriously have a problem.

(Y/N): No, I don't!

Gure: Look, I don't understand the problem here. You like her, just ask her out.

(Y/N): She wouldn't date me.

Burly: You do not know that, my friend.

(Y/N): I could care less. Look, I gotta go review for Oobleck's test. Sorry, guys.

Silver: Do what you gotta do.

With that, you got up and left the cafeteria to return to your dorm room.

Silver: He needs some balls.

Gure: Worry not, I got an idea.

Unknown to the four of you, across the hall sat Blake Belladonna, just watching the man that captured her affection. She didn't directly know why she loved him. She just...couldn't get him out of her head. His mysterious nature, the way he was so humble. Sure, he was average looking, but since her last boyfriend was Adam Taurus, he was a much needed improvement.

He was so charming, and likable. Blake saw him as a man who she could just stare and listen to for hours on end. Cuddle up next to him with a fire on a cold night. Constantly be there to support one another and grow old together.

Yang: Checkin' out the local hotties, eh Blake?

Blake: YANG?!

Yang: Now, I know Burly looks cool, trust me, Gure could give you a run for your-

Blake: Yang! You know.

Yang: I know. Just messing with you. Why don't you just ask (Y/N) out already? I don't think you have much competition.

Blake: I just...don't know. I thought I would just play it out.

Yang: Well alright, kitten. Just remember, if you need anything, feel free to ask.