The Storm

You slowly began to open your eyes only to see a giant rock right in your field of view. You turned your head around to get a feel of the area, noticing you were in a cave. There was a fire burning a few feet away. Your shirt was off and bandages wrapped around your chest and right shoulder. Outside of the cave, you could see that it was raining outside.

Over the fire was two dead fish, cooking. You decided to get up and explore the area. As you did, you made grunt after grunt, trying to get up. However, someone pushed you back down towards your resting spot. You looked up to see Blake was with you.

Blake: Sshhh. Rest. Your body hasn't fully healed.

(Y/N): B-Blake?

Blake: Hey. Sh. It's ok. I'm here.

(Y/N): W-Where are w-we?

Blake: Cave near Mountain Glenn. We needed to move fast.

(Y/N): W-Where i-is everyone e-else?

Blake: We got separated. Snipers shot down a building. You were passed out.

You attempted to sit up again only to feel a pain in your shoulder.

Blake: Careful! You were shot! (Sighs with a tear coming out from her eye) I'm happy you're safe.

You glanced over at the fish she was cooking. Catching what you were looking at, Blake got up and removed one of them and brought it over to you. She set it down on a rock and took out her weapon and began to cut it up into little bits for you.

(Y/N): I-I-I can d-do t-that.

Blake: It's fine. Besides, I do kinda owe you.

(Y/N): H-How?

Blake: Adam...he-well, we, used to be-

(Y/N): I-I got i-it. S-Sorry.

Blake: Don't worry about it. Here, eat up.

Blake picked up a piece of the fish and moved it over your mouth. You leaned up and took a bit out of the fish. As you did, some of Blake's fingers entered your mouth. You quickly pulled away as you both blushed intensely and looked at one another.

(Y/N): S-Sorry.

Blake: No, no. It's fine. That's my bad.

You slowly began to sit up, fighting through the pain. Blake placed her hands on your chest.

Blake: (Y/N)-

(Y/N): L-Let m-me sit up...(mumbles) please.

Blake nods and places one of her hands on your back. You slowly sit up and you are successful with assistance from Blake. When you sit up, you turn your body over to the fish and began to eat it piece by piece. Blake got up and walked back over to the other fish and stabbed it and began to eat with while next to the fire.

(Y/N): T-Thanks. For everything.

Blake: Huh?

(Y/N): I-I've been nothing b-but trouble for you. A-And, y-yet, you...help me.

Blake: Well, yeah. W-Why not?

(Y/N): Don't stutter. It's not healthy. (Blake gave you a quizzical look) (mumbles) S-Sorry.

Blake smiled at you and walked over. She gestured to the space next to you, asking if she could sit down. You nodded and she sat down next to you. The two of you just ate in silence, letting the awkward setting consume you both. Eventually, Blake was the one that brake the silence.