Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston

Whitney

I hoped off the plane that had just landed in California. I had just finished Nothing But Love tour. I had gone for about a year. I saw the big black limo waiting across the airport. Ben, the driver, got out and motioned for me to come.

My lips turned up at the corners as I quickly walked over. I started thinking about Michael. I had been waiting a long time to finally see him again. It's not the same talking on the phone.

"Hello, Ms. Jackson." Ben said opening the limo door for me.

"Hi, Ben." I smiled.

He took my luggage and put it in the trunk. He then got in the drivers seat and started the limo.

"How was the tour?" He asked pulling out of the airport.

"Good actually. Every show was worth about a million." I shrugged.

I rolled down the window and smiled at the people that stared.

"Whitney!"

"We love you!"

"How was the tour?"

"Stop the limo please!"

I smiled and waved and blew kisses. Nothing please me more than seeing my fans. I rolled up the window and looked down at my left hand.

"Is he home?" I asked referring to Michael.

"I think so. He was really happy that you were coming home." Ben told me.

"How long until we reach Neverland?"

"About a hour." He shrugged.

I sighed and played with my engagement ring. I remember when Michael proposed. We were at a restaurant and talking about sea creatures. I smiled to myself.

"Has Michael been talking about me lately?"

"Of course. Everyday." Ben said.

"Awe. That's so sweet." I said.

"He's going to love your new haircut."

"I know. That's why I got it."

We made small talk throughout the ride. Mostly about my tour and what Michael did while I was gone. I was so excited when the gates of Neverland appeared. I practically jumped with excitement.

Ben opened the door for me and closed it when I got out. I can see the workers working with the animals or cleaning around the pools or trimming the bushes. Everything seemed normal. I walked up to the door and unlocked it with my key.

Neverland looked the same. Nothing out of order. And as usual everything was clean. I smiled and walked upstairs. As I did so I took off my jacket. Where was Michael? I been dying to see him and he's gone. I entered our bedroom and threw my jacket on the bed gently.

"Michael?!" I called.

"Whitney?!" His voice came from behind me, causing me to jump. "You're back?"

"Yes. Where were you?" I said hugging him.

"Hiding in the bathroom." He smiled, breathtakingly.

"Of course you were." I said.

"How was your tour?" He asked as we broke apart.

"Fine actually." I said.

"I'm glad. Are you happy to see me?"

"Of course I am, sweetie." I said. "I missed you so much."

"Do you notice anything different?" He motioned around the room.

I examined the room carefully. "Nope."

"Oh my god, Whitney." He sighed. "It's the painting above our bed."

I looked at it. It was me and Michael. My hair was curly and so was Michael's. I had my hand wrapped around his shoulders from behind. It looked like we were in the sky.

"It's beautiful." I hugged him again. "Who painted it?"

"My father. He saw how miserable I was without you and I guess he wanted to be kind. My mom gave him the idea." Michael kissed my cheek.

"How is your family?" I asked as we sat on the bed.

"Good. Um...Latoya just got out of a abusive relationship." He said quietly.

"With who?" I frowned.

"Jack Gordon." He answered.

"Awe. Is she okay?" I touched his face because I felt the pain that was inside of him.

"Yeah. She's fine now."

"What about Katherine?"

"She's great. Her birthday passed."

"I feel bad that I didn't get her anything ."

"It's okay. I gave her a necklace and credited both of us. Don't worry."

"But Michael, how have you been?"

"I'm fine. Just finished a new album."

"How was it? What's the name?"

"Xscape." He answered.

"Oh. Very mysterious. Can I hear it?" I looked at him.

"Later." He stood up and took my hand. "My family wants to see you again."

"I would like that a lot." I sang.

He laughed. "Come on."